Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis Prevails, But Mentor Peterson Falls On Undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis Prevails, But Mentor Peterson Falls On Undercard

By Corey Erdman - Hours before the Showtime PPV cameras started rolling and Gervonta Davis became the focus of the at-home and in-person audience, one of the fighters Davis looked up to as a youngster made his return to the ring. Close to three years after deciding to walk away from active competition, Lamont Peterson returned in a six-round bout against Kenyan journeyman Michael Ogundo.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lamont was one of the good guys
    He seemed to at least know he didn’t have it in him but out of respect did not decline
    Alright champ , onto running but you won’t soon be forgotten

Comment

The Peterson brother's are one of the great stories of boxing, but Lamont should've stayed retired.

Comment

I’ll always hold him in high regard, and as a Master boxer. Impeccable technique on the boxing apparatus. I studied the way he trained. I think it’s dope that he is still setting athletic goals. Most dudes fall off physically post career. Props to him.

Comment

Not been impressed with Tank against Cruz Barrios or H.Garcia. outside of the finish he isn't showing he is a great boxer

Comment

I respect that Peterson was able to make something of his life out of an incredibly difficult situation as a child, but ultimately he is a self-confessed PED cheat and I can't get behind that.
            MikeyG MikeyG likes this.

Comment

Peterson was always a good fighter I liked watching but always came up short against the top competitors. I thought he won against Danny Garcia. Wish this man the best on future ventures.

Comment

This is really sad how it had to end for Lamont....I really endeared to him and his backstory......facially he reminds me a little of my all-time favorite comedian, Richard Pryor.

Comment

I hope everything goes well for Lamont and his brother, they achieved a lot after coming from real poverty.

Oh, Pernell Whitaker was not stopped as in hurt and stopped in his last fight, no ways. He came back after two years out of boxing, and he badly injured his left shoulder.

The aging is not nice for any of us once it gets to late thirties and into our forties, but what can we do, one of those really crappy things in life. But can stay fit and fight the aging to a fair extent.
                  Last edited by Liondw; 01-09-2023, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X