Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Journeyman Michael Ogundo Drops, Stops Lamont Peterson In 4th Round Of Comeback Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Journeyman Michael Ogundo Drops, Stops Lamont Peterson In 4th Round Of Comeback Bout

WASHINGTON - Michael Ogundo ruined Lamont Peterson's comeback in almost unfathomable fashion Saturday. The Kenyan journeyman, who entered their six-round bout with a 16-16 record, dropped Washington's Peterson and stopped the former 140-pound champion in the fourth round on the non-televised portion of the Gervonta Davis-Hector Luis Garcia undercard at Capital One Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I had no idea Peterson was still boxing. I for sure thought he was retired after losing to Lipinets. He has a few notable wins and gave Danny Garcia hell. Time to hang the gloves.
    BodyBagz BodyBagz likes this.

Comment

That wasn't good. Lamont has already taken a lot of punishment, he has been a warrior. IDK why anyone thought the comeback was a good idea. There are just always toerags hanging around getting in a guy's ear, saying 'you can still cut it champ'. No you can't. Time waits for no man. Sad to see.

Comment

40-year old underdog beats a legend.

And when you BEAT a legend, you BECOME a legend.

Comment

Probably better it happening now than down the road tbh. Had he been fed to ranked contender we could have had a Judah vs Seldin situation.

Comment

Didn’t know he was fighting tonight, or that this comeback was going down. I woulda tuned in, was it even televised? I’ve always been a Lamont fan. Had a good career. Hopefully he’s done for good now.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              Probably better it happening now than down the road tbh. Had he been fed to ranked contender we could have had a Judah vs Seldin situation.
              At least he would gotten a beaten by a respectable name for a heftier paycheck. Here he just got a beaten for very little money by a guy with .500 record.

Time for Lamont to hang the gloves up but this one of the worst ways to go out for former champion.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post

At least he would gotten a beaten by a respectable name for a heftier paycheck. Here he just got a beaten for very little money by a guy with .500 record.

Time for Lamont to hang the gloves up but this one of the worst ways to go out for former champion.
                Yeah but he could have got seriously hurt against a more capable fighter. It’s better him finding out he doesn’t have it now than later down the road.
                SilverMiles SilverMiles likes this.

Comment

The is what you would call a total game over career done loss, needless to say. Lamont was one of my 10 favorite fighters when he was in his prime. Huge disappointment and I'm really upset to hear this.

Comment

It’s time to call it a day, when a bum beat yo aSs from pillow to post it’s over, unless you just need $5000 or so.

Comment

Working...
                    X