Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: I Got a Little Complacent, Won't Make Same Mistake Twice in Catterall Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: I Got a Little Complacent, Won't Make Same Mistake Twice in Catterall Rematch

Former WBO junior welterweight champion Josh Taylor is very motivated to do some damage in his upcoming rematch with domestic rival Jack Catterall. The two boxers first met back in February of 2022, with Taylor winning a controversial twelve-round decision to retain the undisputed crown at 140-pounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The fights too far away, Regis rematch is the fight I'd like too see
    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Most likely it was off night for Taylor but I really hope Catterall gets the win he deserved last time

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post
        The fights too far away, Regis rematch is the fight I'd like too see
        It's doubtful that Taylor sticks around at 140 after the Catterall rematch, but if he does ever rematch Prograis, I see the same outcome. Prograis never had Taylor hurt or bothered. Despite what some people say on these boards, that fight was competitive but not really that close. Taylor bullied and outboxed him fairly easily.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

It's doubtful that Taylor sticks around at 140 after the Catterall rematch, but if he does ever rematch Prograis, I see the same outcome. Prograis never had Taylor hurt or bothered. Despite what some people say on these boards, that fight was competitive but not really that close. Taylor bullied and outboxed him fairly easily.
          I saw the fight as a draw, but Taylor had his moments. I agree that Taylor will probably move up
          Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

A little complacent my a$$. More like lazy imo. We shall see. At least Taylor is doing the right thing and giving Catteral his rematch!
            landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

It's not likely he leaves 140. Who does Arum have at 147 for Taylor to fight in a competitive fight that would sell? The even bigger question is who could he beat in the current top 5 at WW? Taylor is best served staying at 140 and fighting Teo while waiting for Haney and Stevenson who are definitely money fights.
              Roj Roj likes this.

Comment

In other words, I know he kicked my ass, but I didn't ask them to give me the win. Look, I giving him a rematch and gave up my belts to make it happen.
                Roj Roj likes this.

Comment

What is Taylor going to do, cut off his foot? I see 147 or a comfy 154 in his future. I'm not putting the Cat down, but Taylor was always a weight bully, huge. He might get a Canelo payday before he makes 140 again.
                  Roj Roj likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Fist_ti_cuffs View Post

It's not likely he leaves 140. Who does Arum have at 147 for Taylor to fight in a competitive fight that would sell? The even bigger question is who could he beat in the current top 5 at WW? Taylor is best served staying at 140 and fighting Teo while waiting for Haney and Stevenson who are definitely money fights.
                    Taylor can move up and be named mandatory instantly per wbo rules.

Comment

Working...
                    X