Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bam Rodriguez-Cristian Gonzalez Vacant WBO Title Fight Set, April 8 In San Antonio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bam Rodriguez-Cristian Gonzalez Vacant WBO Title Fight Set, April 8 In San Antonio

Jesse 'Bam' Rodriguez returned home as a newly crowned titlist for his previous fight in San Antonio. The next trip to his hometown will come in pursuit of a second divisional championship. BoxingScene.com has learned that plans are finalized for Rodriguez to face Mexico's Cristian Gonzalez atop an April 8 DAZN show from a yet-to-be-revealed venue in San Antonio, Texas. The vacant WBO flyweight title will be at stake for their previously agreed upon bout.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good fight. Good to see bam back

Comment

Bam is my fighter of the year! Watching the way he went up 2 weight divisions and dismantled two of the best, and made it look easy. I expected Bivol to win both his fights, especially his second, where as Bam took on Sor Rungvisai in his second and broke him down, beat the fight out of him. It was pure poetry!
      Bam’s the man!

Comment

Bams work in there is just beautiful to watch. Not taking any credit from Israel but he probably shouldn't have taken that fight as the motivation didn't look to be there and it showed. With the much needed rest,he should bounce back here with another impressive performance.

DAZN/GBP shouldve had this fight as the co-main to Vergil vs Stan but i suspect DAZN/Hearn is just looking to fill dates.

Comment

Bam was very active last year. After a 7 month break, I expect him to come out hungry and ferocious.

Comment

Hope this and the Vergil fight are ppv. I want to see both.

Comment

To come up from junior flyweight and defeat Cuadras on a weeks notice, then come and KO his now rescheduled opponent in Sor and then overextending himself by decisioning the oversized and very dangerous Isreal Gonzalez. Find another fighter that did better than that, if Bam doesn’t get fighter of the year.

Comment

This fight is a set up. His opponent is a dud. Not even a boxrec picture.

Comment

Gonzalez's last 3 opponents all had consecutive losses and this fight being held in San Antonio tells you all you need to know of this being a showcase for Bam.

Comment

This tune up will help Jesse Rodriguez adjust to 112 and obtain the WBO title to be able to set up bigger fights. He kind of earned a stay busy fight after what he has done last year, which is moving up two weight divisions and dominating 2 out of 3 top contenders.
                    Last edited by Feroz; 01-05-2023, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X