No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BoxingScene Awards 2022: The Best of The Rest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: BoxingScene Awards 2022: The Best of The Rest

By Cliff Rold - 2022 is over and a clash between one of the best lightweights, Gervonta Davis, and best Jr. lightweights, Hector Garcia, is less than a week away. One season ends and another begins in the endless calendar of the sweet science. For those who write about this great sport, it's awards time and the last of them are named here today. On the men's side, BoxingScene honors so far have gone to:
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fighter of the year: Bam Rodriguez, special mention for Usyk coming from war to defend his belts

Fight of the year: Wood-Conlan

Ko of the year: Cordina Ko Ogawa

Comment

A lot of virtue signalling regarding women’s boxing here.

Taylor-Serrano was good fight but it pales in comparison to some of men’s fights we had in 2022. Round of the Year was clearly Round 1 from the Faust vs Kiladze fight, 3 knockdowns, HUGE momentum swings, far better than Round 5 of Taylor-Serrano.

As for Event of the Year, it was clearly Fury-Whyte. Nearly 100,000 people at Wembley Stadium, incredible atmosphere and Fury showed out with a highlight reel KO.

Comment

Robert Garcia deserves trainer of the year for his great work with the Franco bros

Speaking of… Boxingscene should have added a Robbery of the year category in this article. They dropped the ball there cuz Franco was robbed BIG TIME over the weekend!

Spot on with everything else though looking forward to some good fights this year.

Comment

I would prefer to see separate awards for men and women. Keep their accomplishments separate.

Also, Ismael Salas got overlooked once again. He should at least be in the honorable mention category for Trainer of the Year for his work with Joe Joyce and Robeisy Ramirez among others.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
            Robert Garcia deserves trainer of the year for his great work with the Franco bros

Speaking of… Boxingscene should have added a Robbery of the year category in this article. They dropped the ball there cuz Franco was robbed BIG TIME over the weekend!

Spot on with everything else though looking forward to some good fights this year.
            Coaching a young guy to beat on a couple of old men should earn you trainer of the year, you're kidding, right?

Comment

Damn, ain't no one ever show love to Shingo Inoue? Inoue's been the most dominant fighter in boxing over the last decade. Pretty much since he turned pro...

Comment

I think upset of year was Joyce over Dubious…still Garcia over Colbert is a good choice. I just think Joyce was set up to lose from the get…AND the way he won was shocking (constant jab) that Dubious could not stop.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnP2 View Post
                  I think upset of year was Joyce over Dubious…still Garcia over Colbert is a good choice. I just think Joyce was set up to lose from the get…AND the way he won was shocking (constant jab) that Dubious could not stop.
                  You rate Dubois that much?

Comment

Plant's KO is a worthy winner I feel. Wood and Cordina are up there too.

I'd agree with Wood/Conlan as best fight and Bivol as best fighter.

Also, I thought Kenshiro Teraji had the best performance.

Comment

Working...
                    X