Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Admits That An Usyk Showdown Won't Be A Walk In The Park

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Admits That An Usyk Showdown Won't Be A Walk In The Park

Oleksandr Usyk refused to be intimidated once he entered the land of the big men. But after aggregating every world title in the cruiserweight division, the Ukrainian set his sights on repeating that feat one division higher.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I've always said that it will be a tricky fight for six or eight rounds but this is not Anthony Joshua who stood off Usyk and was clearly out boxed .When Fury finds his range and rhythm it will be virtually one way traffic , before rd 6 Uysk will have success but Fury knows how to fight 'big' and Usyk will not live with this.
    Jack_sh*t Jack_sh*t Sayithowitisuk Bob like this.

Comment

This will be a great win for fury. Usyk coming off back to back wins against the other player in the division.
      of course it won't be easy for usyk or easy for fury. If it was easy do you think people want to see it?

Comment

Get your tissue ready. This is going to be an ugly stinker of a fight. Fury is giving early hints. Repost.

IQ and legs are equal for the division. Fury's feet aren't in constant motion but they are above avg for a heavyweight. The big difference is waist up, hips and trunk, given Usyk really doesn't move his head and is almost center line in front of you, except for the angles. This makes me believe Hill have Fury keep a stick in his chest, big target, and when Usyk angles in, he is going to get the Vlad treatment with all Fury's weight on his legs. Do not be surprise if Fury pulls him down in a clinch at some point. Then again, Hill comes from the Vlad School ala family. Keep that in mind. Like Vlad he will need an ugly fight to win. As I said, don't start crying on this board if Hill and Fury turn into a 12 round stinker with Fury winning ala Vlad decision. Y'all love pitty pat boxing now since Usyk got to the division of bangers and knockouts.

Comment

Sure it won`t be a walk in the park, it will be a great win for Usyk.

If Fury fights like in the second or the third Wilder wight or in the last Chisora fight, Usyk stops him inside 8 rounds.

Usyk is not some old faded guy like Chisora or the bum with zero inside game like Wilder.
          Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 01-01-2023, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post
            Get your tissue ready. This is going to be an ugly stinker of a fight. Fury is giving early hints. Repost.

IQ and legs are equal for the division. Fury's feet aren't in constant motion but they are above avg for a heavyweight. The big difference is waist up, hips and trunk, given Usyk really doesn't move his head and is almost center line in front of you, except for the angles. This makes me believe Hill have Fury keep a stick in his chest, big target, and when Usyk angles in, he is going to get the Vlad treatment with all Fury's weight on his legs. Do not be surprise if Fury pulls him down in a clinch at some point. Then again, Hill comes from the Vlad School ala family. Keep that in mind. Like Vlad he will need an ugly fight to win. As I said, don't start crying on this board if Hill and Fury turn into a 12 round stinker with Fury winning ala Vlad decision. Y'all love pitty pat boxing now since Usyk got to the division of bangers and knockouts.
            Cannot give rounds away to Usyk though, he can't let him get into the rhythm last southpaw made Fury get 47 stitches. Usyk is combination puncher not looking for one big shot.

Comment

The fight will be similar to Joshua vs Usyk I & II.

If Usyk is to win, it will be due to Fury tanking and making unforced errors in the second half of the fight. Fury's endurance is overrated.

Fury has not fought at elite level skill for skill for 7 years. Since Wladimir Kiltschko.

Wilder was a challenge of courage, resolve, bravery and durability. Wilder is not the same type of challenge that Usyk is etc.

I don't think this current Fury is that much better than Joshua with his Mid-Long Range game, Fury also does not hit with more power than Joshua.

Fury does have a superior inside game. But the question is, can he impress it for 12 rounds? Against a fighter who Endurance is super elite?

The way Fury pressured Wilder, I personally don't think that would work vs Usyk quite the same. Fury was aggressive vs Wilder, but he was all over the place.

Fury was making unforced errors, for me he was there to be decked and taken out.

If Wilder had a more sophisticated offense, he would of just come straight down the middle vs Fury. But the fact of the matter is, the sophistication and variation of Wilder's offense is not great.

If people think this Kronk Fury would of just waded forward clumsy, vs Lennox Lewis, Mike Tyson, Tommy Morrison, Ray Mercer, a peak David Haye, a peak Wladimir Kilschko, and maybe even Anthony Joshua without being banged about? Then that is just silly. I believe there are many heavyweights from past era's, that would of had the ability to take Fury out 'If he pressure's fighters with a messy style'.

Tyson Fury does have the two best wins in the Heavyweight division in terms of magnitude and credit. But skill for skill Fury does have to up his game in this fight vs Usyk.

I still make Tyson Fury the favorite.
              Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 01-01-2023, 08:57 AM.
              SteelFist01 SteelFist01 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

If Fury fights like in the second or the third Wilder wight or in the last Chisora fight, Usyk stops him inside 8 rounds.

Usyk is not some old faded guy like Chisora or the bum with zero inside game like Wilder.
                You’ve got to be joking!

Usyk didn’t stop Chisora or AJ, in what world is he finishing Tyson Fury in 8 rounds?
                thack thack Sayithowitisuk Bob like this.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

Neither is Fury a hypejob who reigned only beating shot old men (4of6) losing to the last 2 he boxed of his own generation.
                  Fury toyed with del, Usyk had a tough first half against del & had to go the distance.

I agree though I had the fast twitch Fury winning comfortably, this Kronk walrus not so much, but stopped in 8, your having a giraffe, he couldn't put away del or a gassed over muscled cross trainer that boxes occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelT123 View Post

You’ve got to be joking!

Usyk didn’t stop Chisora or AJ, in what world is he finishing Tyson Fury in 8 rounds?
                    Easily, why not?

Fury`s low guard and dropping hands all the time is a KO waiting to happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X