Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andrade: I'm Not Gonna Go Fight Over In Zach Parker's Country For $150 Grand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andrade: I'm Not Gonna Go Fight Over In Zach Parker's Country For $150 Grand

Had Demetrius Andrade been paid the purse he initially thought he was guaranteed, the American southpaw gladly would've fought England's Zach Parker in Parker's home country.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Imagine, 15 years a pro and the best name on your resume is Martirosyan.

Comment

Just say you're not gonna fight lol.

Comment

You've should've made a short-term sacrifice for long-term gain. If Canelo is the payday you wanted, you could've had it by beating Parker. Did you think John Ryder wanted to be fighting on the rival promoter's show for a small purse? NO, but he took the opportunity that you wasted...and he made the most of it. Now he's in line to face Canelo while you're facing Desmond Nicholson.

I used to give Andrade the benefit of the doubt, and I don't think everything has been his fault. But enough is enough. He may wind up becoming a stepping stone over at PBC if he's not careful.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 12-31-2022, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          You've should've made a short-term sacrifice for long-term gain. If Canelo is the payday you wanted, you could've had it by beating Parker. Did you think John Ryder wanted to be fighting on the rival promoter's show for a small purse? NO, but he took the opportunity that you wasted...and he made the most of it. Now he's in line to face Canelo while you're facing Desmond Nicholson.

I used to give Andrade the benefit of the doubt, and I don't think everything has been his fault. But enough is enough. He may want up becoming a stepping stone over at PBC if he's not careful.
          Canelo would of fought someone else coming off a injury too.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleTouchee View Post

Canelo would of fought someone else coming off a injury too.
            That's fair, but at least Andrade would be able to apply pressure on Canelo by becoming mandatory. Andrade may be taking a more unpredictable path because he didn't want to take less money against Parker. Let's be real: how much $$$ is Andrade actually making against Nicholson? I doubt it's much more than $150k, and beating Nicholson doesn't make him a mandatory. There's no guarantee that Benavidez/Plant/Jermall face Andrade, so it currently seems like a foolish move.
            Verus Verus rudy rudy like this.

Comment

Demetrius is content with containing this lane/path for his career. It's a shame, but it is what it is.
              jockpunk jockpunk likes this.

Comment

At this rate at least he's going to retire undefeated...

Comment

I don’t like to go into fighters finances but I can tell you for a fact Andrade would have earned a lot more than 150k. He just didn’t want the fight plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by roademier View Post
                    At this rate at least he's going to retire undefeated...
                    He’s this generations Harry Simon.

Comment

Working...
                    X