Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren Defends Middle East as Site For Usyk-Fury: 'You Go Where You Can Earn the Most Money'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Warren Defends Middle East as Site For Usyk-Fury: 'You Go Where You Can Earn the Most Money'

The undisputed heavyweight championship between Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk apparently is too big (read: too profitable) for it to take place anywhere other than the Middle East, according to one of its organizers.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Haha now you’ve got the **** end of the stick after giving grief to other promoters for going to the Middle East.
    Apollo7 Apollo7 likes this.

Comment

I don't ever recall warren berating anyone for going to the middle east, you just made that up didn't you? Scutter and lies is all that comes out of your mouth.

Comment

Fighters should go where they get the most money, Frank is doing the right thing by them, that's his job after all. if you look at the foreign policies of both the USA and UK (for example) over the years, you really can't complain about abuse of human rights in certain countries who are willing to offer to biggest purse, to lure fighters into their country. Boxing lacks morality at times, but it isn't down to the sport to right the wrongs of human rights abuses in rogue states.

Comment

The only excuse for it is greed , they would get massive , if not equal paydays at Wembley where this fight should take place but the money is not slightly more if massively more and no one outside the Middle East can compete with these almost bottomless pits of money. Boxing always has and is run by money , but this is bad as the big fights now are only likely to be seen on screen.
          Last edited by thack; 12-31-2022, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Poor atmosphere, but richest country, most money for the fighters.

They even pay the most for English teachers, but the environment there I've heard is rougher to teach.

But I digress, oil money is huge money.

Comment

Originally posted by Shranaploya View Post
              I don't ever recall warren berating anyone for going to the middle east, you just made that up didn't you? Scutter and lies is all that comes out of your mouth.
              "The bottom line is, the US State Department advises its citizens not to go to Saudi Arabia for many reasons – the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, human rights issues, they’ve got a long paragraph on torture, cruel and inhumane treatment, women’s rights and it talks about the risk of going to airports where terrorists may attack – that’s all on their official website. His own government is telling him his life could be in danger," Warren told Thursday’s Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast on Talk Sport.​

“Come on now, we all know what it’s all about. It’s purely about money, no more than that. You won’t be taking your wives or girlfriends because we know what the situation is there, there’s no drinking there, which I accept because it’s their religious beliefs, but it’s hardly the usual environment for a boxing match, or indeed many sporting events," Warren said.​

---

That's on this website read more fella and stop jumping to conclusions.
              letsgochump letsgochump likes this.

Comment

Fück the fans, we’re going to Middle East to do PR for murderous and corrupt oil tycoons! Fans can shut up and get the PPV as they’re too poor to go to Arabia for a fight.

Fans important only until the Saudi’s will pay more rolfmao

Comment

Working...
                X