Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner: 'Shakur Stevenson Would Be The Most Difficult Fight For Tank'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Broner: 'Shakur Stevenson Would Be The Most Difficult Fight For Tank'

Adrien Broner thinks the toughest test for Gervonta 'Tank' Davis in the lightweight division is the southpaw out of Newark. Broner, the multi-division champion from Cincinnati, Ohio, was recently asked about how a potential fight between Baltimore's Davis and Shakur Stevenson would play out. Broner, who is close friends with Davis, refrained from offering a purely partisan opinion, saying that he thinks Stevenson is the one fighter who would give Davis the most "difficult time" in the ring.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Shakur would give him the best fight, but the result would be the same. Shakur has been boxing in the pocket lately and showing that he still possesses great defensive skills in the center of the ring. But Tank, being the shorter man, uses explosive in and out footwork, making constant adjustments to set up his shots. At some point in the fight, Shakur will come after Tank, and he will end up on his back, staring at the inside of his eyelids.

Comment

I understand the thought process. I disagree.

Shakur wouldn't be easy to hit, but Shakur hasn't been tested as far as chin and certainly not at a weight class he's only recently come up to where Tank has way more experience.

I figure that fight goes the distance with Tank winning 1 or 2 more rounds after a knockdown.
      Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Tank doesn't have a title. His only championship was from Pedraza who was never good. Pedraza has been destroyed 4 times, and he is about to be destroyed again.
        If there was only one world champion, the way it should be, there is only one world, he would have never been champion.
        Al Haymon gets the organizations to find the weakest contenders for their guys, and after they win the title, they keep the belts in-house fighting weak contenders. Look at Spence, they hyped a Ugas, Danny Garcia, and porter to fight him. Those guys sucked. Mauricio Herrera dominated Garcia. Robles and Iman dominated Ugas and Porter won a robbery draw against Diaz who schooled Porter. Spence hasn't fought one top guy yet, and they hype him up like a pound-for-pound guy. half the champions from Japan have a better resume than him, and only one is on the fake pound-for-pound list. lol
        Last edited by Chris Hanson; 12-30-2022, 10:53 AM.
        Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Hanson View Post
          Tank doesn't have a title. His only championship was from Pedraza who was never good. Pedraza has been destroyed 4 times, and he is about to be destroyed again.
          If there was only one world champion, the way it should be, there is only one world, he would have never been champion.
          Al Haymon gets the organizations to find the weakest contenders for their guys, and after they win the title, they keep the belts in-house fighting weak contenders. Look at Spence, they hyped a Ugas, Danny Garcia, and porter to fight him. Those guys sucked. Mauricio Herrera dominated Garcia. Robles and Iman dominated Ugas and Porter won a robbery draw against Diaz who schooled Porter. Spence hasn't fought one top guy yet, and they hype him up like a pound-for-pound guy. half the champions from Japan have a better resume than him, and only one is on the fake pound-for-pound list. lol
          Lol, your a funny guy, don't make much sense, but funny nonetheless. I almost took the bait, but nah, enjoy yourself and have at it. I'm sure someone will fall for it.
          icee icee likes this.

Comment

Tank wins 3 maybe 4 rounds if Shakur takes a round off. Low volume counter puncher is not a good match for Shakur.
            Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Shamir is a tank buster!!
              why are my tamales stuck in Japanese customs

???

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post
                I understand the thought process. I disagree.

Shakur wouldn't be easy to hit, but Shakur hasn't been tested as far as chin and certainly not at a weight class he's only recently come up to where Tank has way more experience.

I figure that fight goes the distance with Tank winning 1 or 2 more rounds after a knockdown.
                Hey, off topic but I’ve to ask. Will you be watching the Liverpool v Leicester game later on?

Comment

Tank only has a punchers chance here. Shakur may be coming up in weight but will still be the bigger guy come fight night. The experience of fighting guys 1 weight class above doesn't mean meach when youre still the bigger fighter.This isnt like Brook moving up to fight Gennady. The skills,defense,height and length of Shakur with prove to be too much for Tank if he doesn't land his money shot.

A boxer that dropped 4-6 rds to guys like Isaac Cruz,Mario Barrios and Rolly fuchen Romero is going to out box a tremendously skilled/talented boxer like Stevenson lol??? Yeah ok. Tank ISNT outboxing Shakur,how one comes to that conclusion is beyond me. Don't remember Valdez landing anything flush so the verdict may still be out on his chin,but if Tank doesn't land anything big,he's 100% getting his ears boxed off.

Comment

Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post

Hey, off topic but I’ve to ask. Will you be watching the Liverpool v Leicester game later on?
                    Negative

Comment

Working...
                    X