Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BoxingScene.com's 2022 Fight of the Year: Leigh Wood vs. Michael Conlan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: BoxingScene.com's 2022 Fight of the Year: Leigh Wood vs. Michael Conlan

by Thomas Gerbasi - For a while, the March 12 bout for the WBA featherweight title between champion Leigh Wood and challenger Michael Conlan was a guilty pleasure, something we talked about in admiration but didn't celebrate. The matchup at Nottingham Arena was like other great UK fights - Nigel Benn vs Gerald McClellan, Chris Eubank vs
    [Click Here To Read More]
    DFM DFM likes this.

This was my pick too
    DFM DFM likes this.

Comment

I'm good with it, but there were several others almost or as good. It wasn't like the Povetkin vs Whyte KO, where people actually celebrated the thing.
      Last edited by Corelone; 12-30-2022, 03:33 PM.

Comment

It was amazing and heart breaking. Followed Conlan since he turned pro. I’d never want every fight to be like that.
        nghtmr111 nghtmr111 likes this.

Comment

An absolute boxing clinic performed by Conlan, with Wood having his moments... Until Wood PERFECTLY caught Conlan. What an absolute WAR. One of those fights and endings where you almost cannot believe what you're watching, and how it ended.
          REMOVE SHARK 5510 REMOVE SHARK 5510 likes this.

Comment

Perfect choice.
            DFM DFM likes this.

Comment

Conlan was celebrating during the ring walk like it was his coronation, surprise surprise. Dramatic ending.

Comment

Personally, I liked watching Bivol put the beats on Cinnabon a little more.

Comment

Estrada-Chocolatito 3 was a much better fight in my eyes! I think Fundora-Lubin was also better than Wood-Conlan!

Comment

Conlan showed he was a better boxer by quite a margin but that was expected but wood weathered it an got outboxed an hurt numerous times but one thing about wood is that hes fit as a butchers dog an he's got abit of power an he just took conlan into the deep waters in the end he hadnt been in before an he took him out was a really really fun fight to watch. But I'd say fundora-lubin was up there with it that was a war aswell but still a very good choice
                    Last edited by Boxing2695; 12-31-2022, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X