Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Serrano-Cruz, Baumgardner-Mekhaled Undisputed Championship Double Set, Feb. 4 at MSG Hulu Theater

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Serrano-Cruz, Baumgardner-Mekhaled Undisputed Championship Double Set, Feb. 4 at MSG Hulu Theater

Amanda Serrano and Alycia Baumgardner could one day find themselves on a collision course. For now, the two will chase history on the same New York City show. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that plans are finalized for two undisputed championships atop a February 4 DAZN show from Madison Square Garden's Hulu Theater in New York City. Brooklyn's Serrano will face Mexico City's Erika Cruz for all the featherweight chips in the evening's headlining act, while BoxingScene.com has learned that Baumgardner's quest for the undisputed junior lightweight championship will come versus France's Elhem Mekhaled.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think these all women’s cards are stupid, you’re just limiting your own audience as fans like myself who don’t follow women’s boxing are just going to tune out, however if you pair a women’s fight with a men’s fight then I’d be much more likely to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      I think these all women’s cards are stupid, you’re just limiting your own audience as fans like myself who don’t follow women’s boxing are just going to tune out, however if you pair a women’s fight with a men’s fight then I’d be much more likely to watch.
      The promoters have a choice to make dumb a_S decisions or listen to your broke a_S, which do you prefer?
      Queen_Leia Queen_Leia likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post

The promoters have a choice to make dumb a_S decisions or listen to your broke a_S, which do you prefer?
        Your point is?

At least make sense if you’re gonna question my opinion you silly c***.
        Last edited by RJJ-94-02=GOAT; 12-29-2022, 01:44 PM.

Comment

It's not an all women's card. They are searching for an opponent for Richardson Hitchins, who is a fighter of Haitian descent that fights under Mayweather Promotions. He's a pretty good boxer, he used to train with Tank. He's a long, lanky 140 lber with good skills, but he needs to sit down on his punches a little bit more.
          Queen_Leia Queen_Leia likes this.

Comment

Baumgardner will win undisputed, and then its whooping time for Katie.
            MANNY67 MANNY67 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post

It's not an all women's card. They are searching for an opponent for Richardson Hitchins, who is a fighter of Haitian descent that fights under Mayweather Promotions. He's a pretty good boxer, he used to train with Tank. He's a long, lanky 140 lber with good skills, but he needs to sit down on his punches a little bit more.
              I doubt many people who don’t follow women’s boxing will tune in to watch Hitchins. I just think it’d be smarter to pair each of these fights with a men’s fight that’s gonna draw some eyeballs. For example, I watched Taylor-Serrano because it was on after Smith-Vargas, without that fight I wouldn’t have had a reason to watch it.

Comment

On the flipside a group of chicks might prefer to go to an all women's card simply because of not having to deal with groups of drunk dudes hitting on them left and right. Plus Women's boxing is on the rise so I think Eddie's looking at the long game here. As a parent of a 22 year old who loves sports I'd rather her go to one of these events than an all male card. That's just me being overprotective of course but yeah a lot of pros and cons for these type of shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera_ View Post

On the flipside a group of chicks might prefer to go to an all women's card simply because of not having to deal with groups of drunk dudes hitting on them left and right. Plus Women's boxing is on the rise so I think Eddie's looking at the long game here. As a parent of a 22 year old who loves sports I'd rather her go to one of these events than an all male card. That's just me being overprotective of course but yeah a lot of pros and cons for these type of shows.
                  That’s a fair point…

Comment

I doubt many people who don’t follow women’s boxing will tune in to watch Hitchins. I just think it’d be smarter to pair each of these fights with a men’s fight that’s gonna draw some eyeballs. For example, I watched Taylor-Serrano because it was on after Smith-Vargas, without that fight I wouldn’t have had a reason to watch it.
                    Maybe its just me, but you never know what jewel you might find in some of these fights that are not overshadowed by big names from the male side. For instance, I will tune in to watch the women that I follow go for undisputed, but I will also look for the progression of Hitchin's game and if he's added anything to his arsenal since the last time I saw him fight. If he has made a big jump, then he will be one of the fighters I follow and big up on here BEFORE he becomes what everyone will see later.

Comment

Working...
                    X