Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Jared Anderson Will Become Real Top Contender To Title in 2023

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Jared Anderson Will Become Real Top Contender To Title in 2023

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum has very big plans for heavyweight prospect Jared Anderson, who is quickly emerging as a future force in his weight class. Anderson put on a show with his recent destruction of veteran Jerry Forrest, who previously went the distance with fighters like Carlos Takam, Kubrat Pulev, Michael Hunter, and Zhilei Zhang.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I would love to see Anderson on one of the big cards over here, he is a real 'work in progress' but an exciting one where the answers are still excitingly not answered...
    Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Fight big name now

Comment

So no chance of a title shot real good management lets hope Arum last the year out

Comment

that big stiff Chinese idiot Zhang would be a good highlight reel KO, big bang does have power though so not sure they would do that next? Dillian Shyte would be a perfect name but he'll be used as a sacrifice to revive AJ By Hearn surely.

Comment

If Ajagba beats Shaw, let him and Jared fight on Fury vs. Usyk undercard!!

Comment

Anderson just showed he is too good for the C+ level journeymen like Forrest but a few more fights at that level wouldn’t be a bad thing. Maybe Wach, Hammer or Rice? He needs some rounds.

Chisora or Pulev wouldn’t be a bad step up but I doubt Del Boy or Pulev are interested in being a stepping stone for a prospect…

Comment

I'd like to see Anderson against Joyce or Wilder, a young prospect against an established name.

Might be too big a step up, or he might suprise and win.

Comment

I already see him as a contender. He is more dangerous than faded Ortiz for sure, he is more dangerous than Whyte, Hunter, Hrgovic, Zhang, Ruiz.

How about fighting Zhang, Kabayel, Pulev next? That would be a good start.

he is not ready for Usyk, Fury, Joshua, Wilder, Joyce, but he can fight all others.
                  Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 12-29-2022, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Personally I didn’t like what I saw on his last fight, he got hit, a lot, and flush, and made some real rookie mistakes and was in danger of blowing his load early to force a ko. His head movement really showed room for improvement. It had been his ring generalship that had impressed me to that point but it took a bit of a nose dive after that. He needs more work at the journeyman level, a couple more fights, then a couple of fringe contenders and there are plenty of them floating around these days. After 4 more fights from where he is now, then throw him in with a true top 10 guy and see what happens
                    thack thack likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X