Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas Aims For Higher Level of Competition in 2023

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas Aims For Higher Level of Competition in 2023

Junior middleweight prospect Xander Zayas will look to become a solid contender in 2023. During the current year, he raised his record to 15-0 after securing three victories and picked up two regional titles along the way.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You also have to take into consideration that you might just grow into the 160 pound division by 2024, your only 6 pounds away from it now.
    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

This kid has the potential to be a real fun fighter. I like him a lot. He does need some serious step up competition, but it looks like he is ready and seems like he is focused. His team is doing right by him.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
        You also have to take into consideration that you might just grow into the 160 pound division by 2024, your only 6 pounds away from it now.
        Could you imagine Zayas vs. DSG in Puerto Rico, or NYC? That would be very nice! You never know, Crawford did fight Shawn Porter!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Could you imagine Zayas vs. DSG in Puerto Rico, or NYC? That would be very nice! You never know, Crawford did fight Shawn Porter!
          There you go starting trouble again, I think that Zayas need's a couple of more fight's before he takes on a fighter like Garcia.
          You've got to remember that Zayas is still only 20 year's old, and Garcia still has that wicked left hook in his arsenal.
          In his 18th fight I'd say yes by all mean's let those two go at it, but I think that it would be wise to let Zayas get a couple of more fight's.
          If they ever do fight each other, there's not going to be anything nice about it, they'll be both going at it for all that they're worth.

That said I read in ********* that Matias vs Ponce, will be relocated to the Alamodome in San Antonio Texas, to be televised by Showtime.
          It'll be a twinbill with Rey Vargas vs O'Shaquie Foster fighting for the WBC Super Featherweight title left vacant by Stevenson move up in weight class.
          Those are two damn good title fight's, there'll be a lot of back, and forth action in those fight's for the title, I've got Matias, and Vargas winning.
          Last edited by Boricua181; 12-29-2022, 10:07 AM.

Comment

There you go starting trouble again, I think that Zayas need's a couple of more fight's before he takes on a fighter like Garcia.
            You've got to remember that Zayas is still only 20 year's old, and Garcia still has that wicked left hook in his arsenal.
            In his 18th fight I'd say yes by all mean's let those two go at it, but I think that it would be wise to let Zayas get a couple of more fight's.
            If they ever do fight each other, there's not going to be anything nice about it, they'll be both going at it for all that they're worth.

That said I read in ********* that Matias vs Ponce, will be relocated to the Alamodome in San Antonio Texas, to be televised by Showtime.
            It'll be a twinbill with Rey Vargas vs O'Shaquie Foster fighting for the WBC Super Featherweight title left vacant by Stevenson move up in weight class.
            Those are two damn good title fight's, there'll be a lot of back, and forth action in those fight's for the title, I've got Matias, and Vargas winning.
            Yes i'm very excited for that 2/11 card on SHO! War Browny!!!

Comment

Yes i'm very excited for that 2/11 card on SHO! War Browny!!!
              That's going to be something to definitely see, so much damn anticipation for just one fight to happen.
              Like I've said before, I hope that if Matias win's the title that he's an active champion fighting 3-4 times a year.

Comment

That's going to be something to definitely see, so much damn anticipation for just one fight to happen.
                Like I've said before, I hope that if Matias win's the title that he's an active champion fighting 3-4 times a year.
                Albert Puello will be fighting Gary Antuanne Russell for the WBA Jr. WW Title too!

Alberto Puello vs Gary Antuanne Russell supposedly set, winner to fight Ismael Barroso

​Just hours after kicking off, the WBA’s annual convention has already produced what promises to be the first of many baffling bits of news.

You’ll recall the shenanigans that ensued when Josh Taylor vacated his 140-pound title; the WBA had their top six contenders audition for the vacant title fight rather than just have the top two duke it out. They wound up ordering Alberto Puello (21-0, 9 KO) to fight no. 6 Batyr Akhmedov with the caveat that whoever win face Barroso within 90 days.

The sanctioning body has now changed its mind, announcing that Puello is set to make his inaugural defense against no. 8 Gary Antuanne Russell (16-0, 16 KO), with, once again, the caveat that Barroso gets next crack. Per Jake Donovan, however, multiple sources allege that the fight isn’t happening.

I’m hoping said sources are correct. Admittedly, Puello vs Russell would be an excellent matchup; Puello managed to matador his way past a similar breed of stalker in Akhmedov, but Russell’s power puts him on a different level. I’d just love to see one of these organizations honor its word for once.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2022/12/...xing-news-2022

If Gary Antuanne Russell can't get Puello, then I would love to see Matias vs. Russell. That would be FIRE!!!

Comment

Albert Puello will be fighting Gary Antuanne Russell for the WBA Jr. WW Title too!

Alberto Puello vs Gary Antuanne Russell supposedly set, winner to fight Ismael Barroso

​Just hours after kicking off, the WBA’s annual convention has already produced what promises to be the first of many baffling bits of news.

You’ll recall the shenanigans that ensued when Josh Taylor vacated his 140-pound title; the WBA had their top six contenders audition for the vacant title fight rather than just have the top two duke it out. They wound up ordering Alberto Puello (21-0, 9 KO) to fight no. 6 Batyr Akhmedov with the caveat that whoever win face Barroso within 90 days.

The sanctioning body has now changed its mind, announcing that Puello is set to make his inaugural defense against no. 8 Gary Antuanne Russell (16-0, 16 KO), with, once again, the caveat that Barroso gets next crack. Per Jake Donovan, however, multiple sources allege that the fight isn’t happening.

I’m hoping said sources are correct. Admittedly, Puello vs Russell would be an excellent matchup; Puello managed to matador his way past a similar breed of stalker in Akhmedov, but Russell’s power puts him on a different level. I’d just love to see one of these organizations honor its word for once.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2022/12/...xing-news-2022

If Gary Antuanne Russell can't get Puello, then I would love to see Matias vs. Russell. That would be FIRE!!!
                  Once josh vacated the belt's it was a mess the way the boxing organization's were so unorganized in matching up fighter's to fight for their vacated belt's.
                  Russell is the heavier hitter, and I've got him taking out Puello. If Matias fight's Puello you'll be able to iron clothes on him, because Matias will drop him as stiff as an ironing board.

Comment

Please don’t let Top Rank double you up with EB anymore. The guy still hasn’t humbled himself. 2 different personalities. It’s time for you to make your own mark.

Comment

Working...
                    X