No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence On Stanionis vs. Ortiz: "That's A 50-50 Fight"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Spence On Stanionis vs. Ortiz: "That's A 50-50 Fight"

Although both Terence Crawford and Errol Spence Jr. have done their best to clear out the logjam near the top of the welterweight division, fighters such as Vergil Ortiz Jr. and Eimantas Stanionis have grown restless.
    [Click Here To Read More]

65/35 Stanionis

Comment

It's a 50/50 fight for a couple of rounds.

Then Ortiz steamrolls Stanionis, who's not on the same level. He barely squeaked by Butaev.
      Sctrojan Sctrojan hhh1200 hhh1200 like this.

Comment

Ortiz all day, I see him as a harder hitting and all around better version of Stanionis - but I see it going the full 12 because Stanionis showed a lot of resilience/toughness against Butaev (who was also making it a dirty fight). But Ortiz does good work to the body which could be the key to getting a stoppage win.
        Last edited by Body the jab; 12-28-2022, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post
          65/35 Stanionis
          At least Stanley has one fan. There's a reason why I said he should get a lawyer and sue his manager, Showtime and Haymon. This is the setup of the year. Based on styles and power he had a better chance against Spence. I suspect the stoppage will be by bodyshot. Ortiz late stoppage

Comment

It's a great match-up between 2 top contenders in their 20s! I agree, 50/50 fight! I hope the card is stacked!
            SteelFist01 SteelFist01 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              It's a great match-up between 2 top contenders in their 20s! I agree, 50/50 fight! I hope the card is stacked!
              It'll be on DAZN through Golden Boy, so I'm not really sure who else they can get to 'stack' it - possibly Munguia in another nothing fight but do GBP really have that many other big names?
              Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post

At least Stanley has one fan. There's a reason why I said he should get a lawyer and sue his manager, Showtime and Haymon. This is the setup of the year. Based on styles and power he had a better chance against Spence. I suspect the stoppage will be by bodyshot. Ortiz late stoppage
                Nah, they're both aggressive pressure fighters, Stanionis just does it better and has a very good chin. Not quite sure about Ortiz's chin.
                SteelFist01 SteelFist01 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
                  It's a 50/50 fight for a couple of rounds.

Then Ortiz steamrolls Stanionis, who's not on the same level. He barely squeaked by Butaev.
                  Ortiz hasn't fought anyone that could beat Butaev, and I don't know if Ortiz beats Butaev to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantAJ View Post

It'll be on DAZN through Golden Boy, so I'm not really sure who else they can get to 'stack' it - possibly Munguia in another nothing fight but do GBP really have that many other big names?
                    It's a GBP show, but Probellum is promoting Stanionis. Maybe some GBP vs. Probellum in other weight classes? Probellum has Archie Sharp, Charles Conwell, and Bakhodir Jalolov. I'd like to see them on the card if possible.

adotd adotd SteelFist01 SteelFist01 like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X