No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dalton Smith Extends Promotional Pact With Eddie Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dalton Smith Extends Promotional Pact With Eddie Hearn

Undefeated British Super-Lightweight Champion Dalton Smith has signed a new multi-fight promotional deal with Eddie Hearn's Matchroom Boxing that will see the Sheffield star fight exclusively on DAZN in 2023.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Really promising fighter. We don't have too many of those in the UK at the moment, but with Dalton and Adam Azim, the domestic scene at 140 looks promising.

We've already had one undisputed champ at super light with Josh Taylor, hopefully these guys can secure a few titles between them.

Either of them smoke Gary Antuanne Russell in a few years, Americans
    adotd adotd likes this.

Comment

Interesting, I expected him to leave given how Sky/Boxxer were really pushing to sign him. Anyway, he's a big talent with genuine world class potential, and it won't be long before he wins a world title. Plus Matchroom have a number of decent 140lbers he could fight as he continues to develop.

Comment

Originally posted by Body the jab View Post
        Interesting, I expected him to leave given how Sky/Boxxer were really pushing to sign him. Anyway, he's a big talent with genuine world class potential, and it won't be long before he wins a world title. Plus Matchroom have a number of decent 140lbers he could fight as he continues to develop.
        Matchroom building a solid stable at 140. Paro-Davies Jr is a terrific fight, winner extremely well placed with the WBO. Richardson Hitchens and Montana Love would be a great scrap, and I think Hitchens has real potential (think I saw he may be fighting Lipinets next?). Also have Spark as well, coming off a good win.
        Body the jab Body the jab likes this.

Comment

"But, but...but he wants to be on Sky."

Comment

The jury is still very much out on just how good Smith is, but what choice did Hearn have but to do whatever was necessary to keep him?

Right now, Hearn’s empire rests on constantly groveling to a mercurial diva (Canelo) in hopes he’ll keep working with Matchroom, hyping up a gimmicky female fighter (Ebanie Bridges), trying to find someone interesting to fight his other main female fighter, who has a blah fighting style and no personality (Katie Taylor) and resurrecting the careers of two guys who are rock bottom right now (AJ and Conor Benn).

if DAZN truly has as much sense as it does money, it should be asking Hearn some very tough questions right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantAJ View Post

Matchroom building a solid stable at 140. Paro-Davies Jr is a terrific fight, winner extremely well placed with the WBO. Richardson Hitchens and Montana Love would be a great scrap, and I think Hitchens has real potential (think I saw he may be fighting Lipinets next?). Also have Spark as well, coming off a good win.
              Hitchins isn't fighting Lipinets

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Hitchins isn't fighting Lipinets
                Shame, I liked that fight - thought I saw it rumoured for the Serrano card in New York early February.

Comment

Originally posted by Roj View Post
                  The jury is still very much out on just how good Smith is, but what choice did Hearn have but to do whatever was necessary to keep him?

Right now, Hearn’s empire rests on constantly groveling to a mercurial diva (Canelo) in hopes he’ll keep working with Matchroom, hyping up a gimmicky female fighter (Ebanie Bridges), trying to find someone interesting to fight his other main female fighter, who has a blah fighting style and no personality (Katie Taylor) and resurrecting the careers of two guys who are rock bottom right now (AJ and Conor Benn).

if DAZN truly has as much sense as it does money, it should be asking Hearn some very tough questions right now.
                  Of course the jury is still out on Smith, no one really knows how far talented prospects/contenders will go, they always need to show development in each step up fight, and the hope (for any promotional company or network) is that their upcoming fighters win world titles and sell tickets.

From your comment, you seem overly concerned about the business of boxing, rather the fortunes of Matchroom (but maybe you have an investment in DAZN). Personally, as a boxing fan, I keep things simple - it's about good/competitive fights, and objectively, it's hard to deny that this year DAZN's schedule has been pretty good and have included more memorable fights (compared to other networks).

​​​​
                  Last edited by Body the jab; 12-27-2022, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantAJ View Post

Shame, I liked that fight - thought I saw it rumoured for the Serrano card in New York early February.
                    It was but it won't be that fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X