Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Prograis on Ramirez Fight: 'F---- It, Oh Well, Let It F---in' Marinate'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Prograis on Ramirez Fight: 'F---- It, Oh Well, Let It F---in' Marinate'

Regis Prograis doesn't necessarily blame Jose Ramirez for the fallout of what would have been one of the more intriguing title bouts in the first half of 2023. The way he sees it, at this point, they can only hope that the fight will get bigger with age.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I feel like Regis has made a decision that will haunt his career.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
      I feel like Regis has made a decision that will haunt his career.
      You mean signing with Probellum?

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

You mean signing with Probellum?
        I meant letting the fight slip away. But also that. Not sure who he fights and I don’t see him exactly having a lucrative career. Looks rough and bleak to be honest.

Could’ve done with the payday, exposure and prestige of beating Ramirez.

Comment

With him being a Network Free Agent, you sit back and let the WBC sort out who he fights next no matter what he gets the Lions Share at 75%

Prograis shouldn't give up his % Split for NOBODY because if Ramirez and Top Rank was the Champion and Prograis was the Challenger, they wouldn't negotiate either

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
            I meant letting the fight slip away. But also that. Not sure who he fights and I don’t see him exactly having a lucrative career. Looks rough and bleak to be honest.

Could’ve done with the payday, exposure and prestige of beating Ramirez.
            Let’s not act like Ramirez is some big lucrative fighter. He doesn’t even have a trinket anymore nor does he bring any mainstream attention. Josh Taylor rematch is a FAR bigger fight for undisputed.

Comment

I mean unless a purse bid happens like zepeda-prograis. Hard to see this fight happening

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post

Let’s not act like Ramirez is some big lucrative fighter. He doesn’t even have a trinket anymore nor does he bring any mainstream attention. Josh Taylor rematch is a FAR bigger fight for undisputed.
                Top Rank got these people gassed, Ramirez definitely not some big draw, nor is he some phenomenal boxer. Taylor wiped his ass with him, and exposed how average he is.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post

The TR money + ESPN is lucrative. And Ramirez would be a very respectable scalp. Which would do him wonder’s moving forward even with probellum. He can demand much more for his career.

Why would Josh Taylor ever fight Prograis? There’s no money there, and I doubt Taylor is about to start unifying the division again. He’s just around to try to clear up the mess with Catterall.
                  Last edited by SplitSecond; 12-27-2022, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tkoboxingscene View Post

Top Rank got these people gassed, Ramirez definitely not some big draw, nor is he some phenomenal boxer. Taylor wiped his ass with him, and exposed how average he is.
                    If not for Marvnation with a surprise bid, Prograis would’ve made what for his last fight? 500K?

You are obviously not understanding the point. I’m not talking about PPV buys or massive revenue number’s. I’m talking about the take home money for the 33 year old Prograis. The exposure from being on ESPN, which that regularly hits 1mil viewers. And the respect that he’d gain beating Ramirez. All these would help his bargaining power moving forward.

Comment

Working...
                    X