Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar Alvarez Jr. Inks Promotional Pact, To Return in January

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oscar Alvarez Jr. Inks Promotional Pact, To Return in January

World Cup Boxing Series (WCBS) has signed Mexican prospect, undefeated super featherweight Oscar Alvarez, Jr. (7-0, 7 KOs), to an exclusive promotional contract. WCBS was launched in 2020 by CEO Terry Hollan and promoter/matchmaker Guy Taylor.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Oscar, Floyd’s and Canelo’s lovechild based on that name.
    adotd adotd likes this.

Comment

665-12 amateur record, this sounds absolutely crazy to me specially at this age how is this possible i even hesitate to believe it

Comment

665-12?!?!?!. Kid sounds like a super-prospect but hopefully all those amateur fights don't leave him shopworn by the age of 26. Even for an amateur, that is a wild amount of fights if those numbers are real. Looking forward to being able to see him progress some time soon.

Comment

Something doesn't add up. He started boxing at 4, claims to have an amateur boxing career of 14 years, and then went pro.

1.) What's the legal age in Mexico in which you can compete in the amateurs? I highly doubt you can get an amateur fight at age 4, 5, or 6.
          2.) People say that Lomachenko and rigondueax left their primes in their amateur career and this kid has nearly double the amateur fights despite only being 19
          3.) If his amateur career really is 14 years and is 677 fights long, that means he's fought on average 48 times every year

With how young he is it sounds like certain numbers are being exaggerated.

Comment

I have never heard of any of the parties mentioned in this article.

Comment

That's a lot of amateur fights. And then he has a huge height advantage too.

Will be interesting to watch his career unfold.

Comment

Working...
              X