Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ramirez on Prograis Title Shot: 'Pisses Me Off... That I'm Being Thrown Under the Bus'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ramirez on Prograis Title Shot: 'Pisses Me Off... That I'm Being Thrown Under the Bus'

Jose Ramirez absolutely loathes that he is being perceived as a "ducker." The former unified junior welterweight titlist from Avenal, California, recently declined a title shot against WBC champion Regis Prograis, because he believed the terms of the purse split were unfair and not reflective of his commercial value.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I actually don’t think he’s afraid. This goes to show how much boxing has become political, it sucks. Boxing needs a real commission to enforce fights smh

Comment

I don't blame Ramirez for ducking but stop saying "Bro" so much
      PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

He sounds confused

Comment

Regis is the champion, Ramírez is not. Take the cut, become champion and then you’ll get the lions share. It’s not like Ramírez is some megastar that is above the pay day that would come with this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ThrowbackBoxing View Post
            I actually don’t think he’s afraid. This goes to show how much boxing has become political, it sucks. Boxing needs a real commission to enforce fights smh
            Only way this nonsense goes away is if Arum and Haymon join forces and create their own league. No sanctioning bodies and create their own belts. Can you imagine all the fights that could be made at 122-140 if the TR guys mix it up with the PBC dudes. That would be dopity-dope!
            jockpunk jockpunk likes this.

Comment

Yeah yeah yeah. You knew before you decided against the Zepeda fight that the champion would get that cut. I don't think Ramirez is scared of anyone but Arum for sure made a business decision to not allow him in the tournament.

Of course you're getting thrown unde rather bus, you let ur manager start spinning, you ducked the tourney, and now you'll fight him when your contract is over. Yawn!!!!!!
              Take the fight, belt, and rematch with the lions share if you win. Otherwise it's a duck!
              ​​​​​​​

Comment

N it’s only because you declined the fight against prograis after declining to fight for the vacant title. That’s all. Congrats on the wedding. When one turns down title shots he looks like a duck.
                Keleneki Keleneki likes this.

Comment

Hes right. He fought taylor who beat prograis so he is certainly not ducking.
                  mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Lol he really blamed his wedding on ducking? 1. Reschedule that **** a couple months later it’s a wedding 2. Ramirez manager could’ve tried to make a side deal but they had no interest in that he wanted the WBC to deny his request so he could go another way

Comment

Working...
                    X