Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Brushes Off Martin Showing, Says Top Fighters at 140 Will 'Come to Fight'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Brushes Off Martin Showing, Says Top Fighters at 140 Will 'Come to Fight'

Teofimo Lopez is convinced his closely contested fight with Sandor Martin was an anomaly. The 140-pound contender and former unified lightweight champion from Brooklyn, New York, thinks he will start displaying a far more dominant version of himself when he goes up against the top contenders and champions in his new weight class.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Guy who didn't come to fight still won but got robbed. Imagine what someone who comes to fight does to you Teo
    eco1 eco1 Keleneki Keleneki like this.

Comment

We’ve heard this all before from I’m undisputed (no) I’m going to sell one million pay per view buys (no) I’m going to knock Kambosos out in the first round (no) ‘do I still got it’ wait I didn’t mean it, I did it to keep people talking about me (no)

Comment

The fakeover. Teo had all the talent. Needed a trainer tho. Amazing how far he went on his own. If he had a real trainer he really had no ceiling. He still young and can turn it around but he seems to be content where he’s at so I don’t hold out hope

Comment

“When you face a fighter that didn’t come to fight, all he did was just run,” Lopez said of Martin. “Anytime he got anywhere into a corner, all he did was dip under and grab. So the whole thing was, like, it is such a difficult competitive fight at the moment because the guy is not here to try to win. He’s not trying to.
          “All he’s trying to do is survive in there and try not to get knocked out. "
          It's like trainers and cornermen no longer bother talking about cutting off the ring anymore.

Comment

Well Lopez got a chance to show it against Regis now, hasn't he as, with Ramirez officially passing on a title shot he's next up.

Let's see if he goes the Ramirez route and prices himself out.
            Last edited by tokon; 12-25-2022, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Nakatama was supposed to be an anomaly too. One times an anomaly, two is worrisome

Comment

Funny, when a fighter looks unbelievable. Few want to fight him. Look at Boots as an example. Spence, Crawford don’t want to risk it.
                AFTER Teo beat Loma he stopped talking about fighting the top guys and went after Kam, essentially a fighter with weaknesses. NOW, he’s willing to fight anyone and people fkn complaining about it. Let him. Makes for fun fights. People are stupid.
                Last edited by MONGOOSE66; 12-25-2022, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Martin reminds me of Lara 10 years ago. The charla’s STILL avoid Lara. Martin WILL make any top 3 fighter look flat footed and that’s not good for your career. Teo took the risk even after seeing what he did to a smart technical fighter as Mikie Garcia.
                  By the way, I hate Watching Lara for the same reason I hate watching Martin. Both are very BORING. Running is running. If I want to see running I’ll watch a marathon.
                  Last edited by MONGOOSE66; 12-25-2022, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                    Well Lopez got a chance to show it against Regis now, hasn't he as, with Ramirez officially passing on a title shot he's next up.

Let's see if he goes the Ramirez route and prices himself out.
                    Or if he decides to fight Ramirez and they both price themselves out.

Comment

Working...
                    X