Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stephen "Breadman" Edwards Breaks Down Plant vs. Benavidez, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stephen "Breadman" Edwards Breaks Down Plant vs. Benavidez, More

In this Q&A, top trainer and BoxingScene.com contributor Stephen "Breadman" Edwards discusses the upcoming showdown pitting his charge, Caleb "Sweet Hands" Plant against David "El Bandera Roja" Benavidez and also reflects on Plant's recent highlight reel knockout victory over Anthony Dirrell.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm struggling to see how caleb will keep benavidez off him for 12 rounds. David is a spiteful man he enjoys wearing down opponent after opponent. Caleb did show power yes but he's around 58% for knockouts (I think) David's sitting at around 88% historically calebs a boxer/mover he isn't known for sitting down on his punches in 50/50 exchanges benavidez excels at this however. David also controls opponents lead hands and keeps there head in the A slot when pinning them on the ropes. Canelo did this with great effect during the plant fight look for this method to be effective for david too during the fight.
    Last edited by Gideon lock; 12-23-2022, 06:36 AM.

Comment

He didn’t break a gotdam thing down, he had a focus on camp and his most recent fight but a breakdown this was not. Y’all headlines be killing us! LMAO , Plant can’t win against Benavidez at all nor can Canelo unless he gets hurt which we haven’t seen yet!
      Gideon lock Gideon lock likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon Samual View Post
        I'm struggling to see how caleb will keep benavidez off him for 12 rounds. David is a spiteful man he enjoys wearing down opponent after opponent. Caleb did show power yes but he's around 58% for knockouts (I think) David's sitting at around 88% historically calebs a boxer/mover he isn't known for sitting down on his punches in 50/50 exchanges benavidez excels at this however. David also controls opponents lead hands and keeps there head in the A slot when pinning them on the ropes. Canelo did this with great effect during the plant fight look for this method to be effective for david too during the fight.
        I agree Benavitez is just on another level with how he breaks down his opponents. He has a certain mean streak in him with a very high work rate.
        Gideon lock Gideon lock likes this.

Comment

Three times is a charm

Ran out of guess vs

1. Uzgategui
          2. Canelo
          3. Benavidez

Comment

Regardless of the outcome these Benevidez fans are going to be in for a rude awakening when he fights Plant and finally doesn't have a deadman stood right in front of him for him to tee off on.

We'll see what he's really about vs Plant a guy who has great fundamentals, a high ring I.Q, speed and isn't going to be easily pinned down or stand impersonating a punchbag.

Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Regardless of the outcome these Benevidez fans are going to be in for a rude awakening when he fights Plant and finally doesn't have a deadman stood right in front of him for him to tee off on.

We'll see what he's really about vs Plant a guy who has great fundamentals, a high ring I.Q, speed and isn't going to be easily pinned down or stand impersonating a punchbag.
              Never said he didn't have all of those attributes but he has the Tony Harrison energy bar liability when you keep constant pressure on him. Sweet Cheeks is going to fade as usual. Haymon wouldn't risk Benavidez's 0 if he didn't have good forecast on the outcome.

Comment

I think Benevidez loses most of the first 7 or 8 rounds and gives his fans a scare.

Comment

Is the fight with Benavidez confirmed? Is there a date announced or even proposed? Haven't seen anything beyond the possibility of them fighting in early 2023, and I haven't even heard that in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post

Never said he didn't have all of those attributes but he has the Tony Harrison energy bar liability when you keep constant pressure on him. Sweet Cheeks is going to fade as usual. Haymon wouldn't risk Benavidez's 0 if he didn't have good forecast on the outcome.

While I do suspect it to be a fight of two halves with Benevidez having his best success towards the back end of the fight how do we know he won't fade late when he has to actually cut the ring off for once and is being made too miss and eating solid counters in return?
                    The opponents he has fought have all stood in front of him and let him dictate when he wants to work. Anyone can do 12 rounds fighting at their own pace.
                    He has never fought a good boxer, a good mover, someone slick. There is nothing more exhausting than being made too miss.

I do think think Benevidez will come on strong late after getting his ears boxed off early but it shouldn't be a surprise if its him who fades as he had barely had to go long in fights, he cuts a huge amount of weight which could see him fade and Plant is not an easy guy to pin down. He's very slick, very hard to hit clean.

Comment

Working...
                    X