Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Prograis To Ramirez: You Passed Up A Title Opportunity, Zero Attempt Was Done To Strike A Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Prograis To Ramirez: You Passed Up A Title Opportunity, Zero Attempt Was Done To Strike A Deal

Jose Ramirez and his team have done their best to justify the former unified titlist passing on a guaranteed title shot. Regis Prograis and his team have a briefer and more direct response as to why the WBC junior welterweight title fight is no longer taking place.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It's very plain and simple. Jose Ramirez was never ready for that smoke from Regis Prograis. In other words, he's afraid of getting his ass whooped!
    Last edited by champion4ever; 12-22-2022, 02:03 PM.

Comment

The WBC should now order a Regis Prograis vs a Teofimo Lopez mandatory bout.

Comment

TR overlooked the fact that Prograis is not Hearn's fighter, then the split would've been 25/75 in Ramirez's favor.

Comment

I mean, we really don't know what happens behind the scenes but Ramirez team never mentioned they tried to negotiate. If they didn't even try to negotiate then I agree that they never really wanted it in the first place.
          The Conundrum The Conundrum likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            It's very plain and simple. Jose Ramirez was never ready for that smoke from Regis Prograis. In other words, he's afraid of getting his asshooped!
            That’s how I see it. Jose Ramirez wants to be overcompensated to take another loss. If that’s the case just say

Comment

"An ordered fight between Prograis and Lopez figures to produce the same set of problems already in place."

If Teofimo Lopez ducks like Ramirez, his rep is done! TR should be able to win a purse bid for that fight! TR did all that hype for Teo on Heisman Night, so they should be able to convince ESPN that this fight is worthy of shelling out some dough!

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                The WBC should now order a Regis Prograis vs a Teofimo Lopez mandatory bout.
                Won't surprise me if that one doesn't happen either. If Teo is arrogant enough, it'll happen. However, his arrogance could also lead him to want more money just like Ramirez. If he's smart, he'll realize that he needs more fights at 140 before he's physically/mentally ready.

It's possible that Prograis will wind up making his first defense against someone like Stevie Spark because everyone else will avoid him.
                Last edited by kiaba360; 12-21-2022, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Won't surprise me if that one doesn't happen either. If Teo is arrogant enough, it'll happen. However, his arrogance could also lead him to want more money just like Ramirez. If he's smart, he'll realize that he needs more fights at 140 before he's physically/mentally ready.

It's possible that Prograis will wind up making his first defense against someone like Stevie Spark because everyone else will avoid him.
                  I think Sergey Lipinets or Shojahon Ergashev would accept the challenge!

Comment

Ramirez ducked Prograis by choosing not to participate in the WBSS tournament and has ducked him again. I don't understand how people can root for a guy that is afraid to take risks as that's what this sport entails. And while we may not know the whole story, Ramirez passing on the WBSS is evident he doesn't want that smoke from Prograis. This is why Zepeda gets more respect and is deserving of it because he takes risks.

Comment

Working...
                    X