Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michel Rivera: I Was Too Slow; Martin Was The Better Guy; I Don't Want Losing To Feel Normal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Michel Rivera: I Was Too Slow; Martin Was The Better Guy; I Don't Want Losing To Feel Normal

LAS VEGAS - Michel Rivera has worked tirelessly since he moved from the Dominican Republic to Miami five years ago in pursuit of his dream to become a lightweight world champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nevertheless, the 5-foot-9 Rivera indicated it might be time to move up to the junior welterweight limit of 140 pounds for his next fight. “I went in there for a win,” Rivera said. “I didn’t come here to lose. I was feeling pretty good [Saturday night], but by round four or five, I think I started to feel the effects of the weight cut. I don’t make excuses, but I’m a big guy for the division.”

Now go fight guys your size, and learn how to fight Southpaws! Michel Rivera vs. Rolly Romero @ 140! Make it Happen! Speaking of guys at 140...

Jose Ramirez Passes On Regis Prograis Title Fight

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-new...e-fight/256026

STREET CLEANER STREET CLEANER likes this.

Comment

Martin even though it was a clear win it was not a cake walk for the first 7 rounds. Rivera was cagey enough and had enough skills to have Martin thinking his approach. Rivera could not adjust and time his opponent, he has a few things to learn but he is not a bad fighter.

Comment

I look forward to see Rivera fight at 140. Against Rolly would be entertaining
        Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

Rivera and Martin are overrated. Pbc sets up these hype jobs for the fanboys and to launder money. These guys suck. Add Puello and Hector Garcia to the mix and you have a bunch of hyped up Chris Colberts and Eric Lubins. Trash fighters. Both Charlos and Spence will be dethroned this year. Tank will never win a world title. Fulton will lose to Fig in the rematch and Martin will never win a title. He’s 28.

Haney and Shakur will continue to do well. They’re really good, but they’re topRank

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
            Martin even though it was a clear win it was not a cake walk for the first 7 rounds. Rivera was cagey enough and had enough skills to have Martin thinking his approach. Rivera could not adjust and time his opponent, he has a few things to learn but he is not a bad fighter.
            Agreed. Still a fan of his - he just needs a new trainer to work on some things and I think he still presents problems for guys.

But then I saw this:

“I went in there for a win,” Rivera said. “I didn’t come here to lose. I was feeling pretty good [Saturday night], but by round four or five, I think I started to feel the effects of the weight cut. I don’t make excuses
            No excuses, but here's an excuse - that bothered me a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Hanson View Post
              Rivera and Martin are overrated. Pbc sets up these hype jobs for the fanboys and to launder money. These guys suck. Add Puello and Hector Garcia to the mix and you have a bunch of hyped up Chris Colberts and Eric Lubins. Trash fighters. Both Charlos and Spence will be dethroned this year. Tank will never win a world title. Fulton will lose to Fig in the rematch and Martin will never win a title. He’s 28.

Haney and Shakur will continue to do well. They’re really good, but they’re topRank
              You sound stupid as hell!!! You just can't stand to see that black man (Haymon) winning at something you think should be controlled by Edomites such as yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

Agreed. Still a fan of his - he just needs a new trainer to work on some things and I think he still presents problems for guys.

But then I saw this:

No excuses, but here's an excuse - that bothered me a bit.
                Yup, he was making a lot of noise like it was his coming out party and now an excuse.

Maybe he confused the body blows he was getting hit with the effects of cutting weight.
                Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

You know what kind of fans/people you are dealing with when they throw dirt at a man when he's down. These are the kind of people who thrive on that because of their low self-esteem. It's the only way they can feel better about themselves. You know the type, they celebrate other people's failures.
                  Whatever the reason Rivera lost fair and square. I am of the opinion that he has peaked with the coach that he has. Maybe it's time for him to find someone else who can get him to a new level. But that's just my opinion.

Comment

You were too slow, because Martin slowed you down Rivera, I mean he check mated every move you made in the fight.
                    It wasn't you who wasn't up to the task, it was Martin's skillful execution of his fight plan that caused your first loss.

Comment

Working...
                    X