Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: Crawford Went About Making Avanesyan Deal Wrong Way; Still Fight 'I Really Want'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Spence: Crawford Went About Making Avanesyan Deal Wrong Way; Still Fight 'I Really Want'

LAS VEGAS - Errol Spence Jr. is still hopeful that he'll finally fight Terence Crawford at some point in 2023. Spence's return to the ring has been delayed by minor injuries sustained during another car accident December 10. The undefeated, unified welterweight champion plans to fight someone other than Crawford in "April, May or June," which means his long-discussed showdown with Crawford couldn't happen until sometime in the second half of next year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Keith Idec knows it's acceptable journalistic practice to edit out all the "you knows" when quoting someone so it's difficult not to conclude that they've been left in to subtly mock Spence.

This whole saga is boring now. I'm fine with them not fighting anyway, it probably wouldn't look that much different to Bradley - Alexander as a spectacle, i.e. anticlimactic.
    Chollo Vista Chollo Vista likes this.

Comment

Crawford took the guaranteed $10 Million! Probably didn't feel he would make that fighting Spence! All good, but like Spence said, he could've told them he was negotiating with Avanesyan, and he shouldn't have tried to play the blame game! Bud, you wack for that! Hope Spence fights Boots @ 147, or goes to 154! F--k Thurman and Crawford!

Comment

We'll get Spence-Crawford you know: 5 years too late
        landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

If Spence would catch the bus and Bud would stop all his' whispering' about how great he is then the fight may just happen BUT what these two obviously don't get is there are many more great matchups out there in boxing and fans are getting bored with this .

Comment

I'm sorry but I have to point out the obvious, pay attention to what Spence said that is Bud tell them he going to go fight Avaneysan and make $10m right quick and I will be right back "WE PROBABLY LET HIM" WAIT A MINUTE YALL OWN BUD? AL BUD MANAGER? BUD ON PBC? That's why the fight didn't happen they acting as if they control every single thing.........basically come get permission from us.

Comment

Duckford would've made around $23 million depending PPV sales should he had taken the Spence fight
              landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Crawford said he wanted to fight before the end of the year. 4 months of “negotiation” and it was apparent that is wasn’t happening. How many more months is Crawford expected to waste this year before he takes another fight?

Comment

Originally posted by imisupu View Post
                  I'm sorry but I have to point out the obvious, pay attention to what Spence said that is Bud tell them he going to go fight Avaneysan and make $10m right quick and I will be right back "WE PROBABLY LET HIM" WAIT A MINUTE YALL OWN BUD? AL BUD MANAGER? BUD ON PBC? That's why the fight didn't happen they acting as if they control every single thing.........basically come get permission from us.
                  How should they act? They’re the ones putting up the money and doing all the promotion and marketing. It’s not like Bud is some household name. Other than his title he brings nothing to the table.
                  UniqueBoxing UniqueBoxing icee icee like this.

Comment

Ok, so you're saying Bud didn't negotiate in good faith - but you didn't keep your body in good shape for a November/December fight - you weighed 180-200 lbs when you were negotiating - who could have faith that a fight was gonna take place on those dates?

Comment

Working...
                    X