Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Martin Drops, Decisions Michel Rivera in Dominant Performance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Martin Drops, Decisions Michel Rivera in Dominant Performance

By Keith Idec - LAS VEGAS - Frank Martin made the most of the biggest opportunity of his five-year pro career Saturday night. The skillful, strong southpaw soundly beat Michel Rivera by unanimous decision in a 12-round battle between unbeaten lightweight contenders at The Chelsea inside The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. Martin knocked Rivera to the canvas in the seventh round, consistently landed the harder punches and displayed the elusiveness defensively that has earned him the nickname "The Ghost."
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 12-18-2022, 01:05 AM.
    Devils Advocate Devils Advocate likes this.

Rivera vs. Martin will see rising undefeated lightweight contenders Michel “La Zarza Ali” Rivera and Frank “The Ghost” Martin clash in an intriguing 12-round WBA Lightweight Title Eliminator as they headline live on SHOWTIME Saturday, December 17 in a Premier Boxing Champions event at The Chelsea inside The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. (photos by Esther Lin)

The SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING telecast begins at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT and will also see former world champion José Uzcįtegui return to action against unbeaten former amateur standout Vladimir Shishkin in a 12-round IBF Title Eliminator.

Comment

Got Rivera via 8-4 UD.

Put 100 on it!
      Ganondorf Ganondorf likes this.

Comment

Like both of these guys & hoping for a good fight! Pulling for Martin, but lean Rivera winning

Comment

This is an excellent match.

Comment

Originally posted by TheIronMike View Post
            Got Rivera via 8-4 UD.

Put 100 on it!
            Iā€™m tempted, they got him as a dog on the books
            Ganondorf Ganondorf likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post

Iām tempted, they got him as a dog on the books
              Think about it man....he's been in boxing all his life, whilst Martin started late. I'll take the genius over the workman every day!

I've taken 2 L's on the books the last months though, through no fault of my own......

1. Montana Love throwing Spark out the fckin ring
              2. Jared Anderson going into the red and throwing the gameplan out the window as soon as he gets hit against Forrest.
              _original_ _original_ likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheIronMike View Post

Think about it man....he's been in boxing all his life, whilst Martin started late. I'll take the genius over the workman every day!

I've taken 2 L's on the books the last months though, through no fault of my own......

1. Montana Love throwing Spark out the fckin ring
                2. Jared Anderson going into the red and throwing the gameplan out the window as soon as he gets hit against Forrest.
                Just dropped 50 bucks on Rivera lol.

Yeah those were reasonable bets though I don’t blame you.
                TheIronMike TheIronMike likes this.

Comment

On paper that's not a bad card at all ....

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post

Iām tempted, they got him as a dog on the books
                    I was surprised by this as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X