Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia Opts To Go Straight To Gervonta Davis; Fight With Mercito Gesta No Longer In Play

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia Opts To Go Straight To Gervonta Davis; Fight With Mercito Gesta No Longer In Play

Ryan Garcia will wait out Gervonta Davis' next fight with the intention of heading into a straight-on collision. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that a planned stay-busy fight for Garcia is no longer in play, after previously eyeing a ring return in late January. Garcia was set to face Filipino southpaw Mercito Gesta on January 21, with the date then pushed back by a week and now off the calendar altogether.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 12-16-2022, 09:51 PM.

Garcia doesnt want to fight.........at all

Comment

Garcia is a total headcase and I don't see the Tank fight happening either.

Comment

Did this really come from Ryan Garcia? > “Been thinking about it during the time they were figuring out this fight and I feel the fans and everyone who supports boxing have seen these tune-ups,” Garcia said in a social media post shortly after confirming that he will no longer fight in January. “It’s time that we give the fans what they want." .....I'm wondering if he's being genuine or if he's just too lazy and disinterested in having the tune-up match? Tune ups are not always easy. If Garcia is being completely truthful and genuine then I would give him lots of credit but I have some doubt that he's being totally honest. Maybe I'm wrong, though...

Comment

Serious question, because I haven’t looked into it, but doesn’t Tank have a court case in February that could potentially hold up this bout or will he be clear to fight ?

On a non-serious note, if he isn’t able to fight, are they going to say he ducked & have Gesta waiting ?

Comment

He should have taken the fight. It would have built up the hype even more if they both won in convincing fashion. But, honestly from what I remember hearing, this fight isn't even signed yet. If I remember correctly, they have an agreement in principal.
            charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Gives him a built in excuse. Us boxing fans, we'll remember this. The casual which is 97% Garcia "fans" will buy the excuse of ring rust. I have a prediction now, Porky KO in 5. Ryan will cry after. What a farce. You buy this fight you are a sucker.
              Last edited by jonnyc420; 12-16-2022, 10:13 PM.
              charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

I don't believe for one minute that Ryan Garcia vs Davis is going to happen either.

Comment

I will believe he fights Tank when they are both in the ring, and the bell sounds to start round 1.

Comment

Originally posted by edpboxing View Post
                    Serious question, because I haven’t looked into it, but doesn’t Tank have a court case in February that could potentially hold up this bout or will he be clear to fight ?

On a non-serious note, if he isn’t able to fight, are they going to say he ducked & have Gesta waiting ?
                    He does but I doubt that had any relevancy here. There's really no reason to drain yourself more than necessary and that's what a camp to fight Gesta would've been. Gesta does very little to prepare him for Tank so no need to go through a camp where it's unnecessarily detrimental to your health.
                    Calibaloc Calibaloc likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X