Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Still In Search Of Foe For WBC Eliminator; Shuichiro Yoshino Next In Line

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Still In Search Of Foe For WBC Eliminator; Shuichiro Yoshino Next In Line

Shakur Stevenson is rapidly approaching the midway point of the WBC rankings in search of his next opponent. The unbeaten former two-division titlist is now on his fourth targeted opponent for a WBC lightweight final elimination bout eyed for the first quarter of 2023. Efforts to secure a fight with top-rated lightweight Isaac Cruz (24-2-1, 17KOs), unbeaten contender William Zepeda (27-0, 23KOs) and former lineal and unified champion George Kambosos Jr. each ended in declined offers for a variety of reasons.
    [Click Here To Read More]

People beg for Canelo to abuse them, no demands, sign on the dotted line, but Shakur has to dance with an ugly girl? He's shopping at the dollar store and looking at some knock off merch.
    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Best thing for Shakur is to be active and look dominant

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
        People beg for Canelo to abuse them, no demands, sign on the dotted line, but Shakur has to dance with an ugly girl? He's shopping at the dollar store and looking at some knock off merch.
        Difference is when you get the Canelo fight, you’re probably earning more than Stevenson would get himself. Zepeda said he got offered 200k didn’t he I believe? Not bad, but not earth shattering, and it’s a helluva risk, if you lose you’re out of the title picture for at least 18 months most likely.

Comment

why not kambosas?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantAJ View Post

Difference is when you get the Canelo fight, you’re probably earning more than Stevenson would get himself. Zepeda said he got offered 200k didn’t he I believe? Not bad, but not earth shattering, and it’s a helluva risk, if you lose you’re out of the title picture for at least 18 months most likely.
            Honest, Zapeda is leavings. Shakur is past gate keepers. I don't want to see him in with someone I know can be boxed. Fight the winner, not the loser. Call out Prograis, that will spice up the pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheikh View Post
              why not kambosas?
              Did you not read the article. Kambosos explained

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post

Honest, Zapeda is leavings. Shakur is past gate keepers. I don't want to see him in with someone I know can be boxed. Fight the winner, not the loser. Call out Prograis, that will spice up the pot.
                Prograis fights at 140. Why would Shakur mention him when he's trying to fight at 135

Comment

Yawn! Kambosos deserves an easy touch, Cruz knows better and loses points but Zepeda looks weak af for going quite and dodging.

Too bad, I had him pegged as a good edition to 135 but I see we'll get the same.
                  All talk only to allow the promoter to protect you.

Shakur beats them both anyway but I would've loved to see Zepeda either throw 1500 (he wont) or slowly be discourage and cut his output like they always do against the boxers. At least give is Zepda vs Cruz then.

Comment

There’s really no one else with a name at 135 that he can fight. Unless he can get someone in or around his weight class, Regis or Teofimo would be good fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X