Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michel Rivera on Gervonta: "Once I Take Care of Frank Martin, Everything Will Fall into Place"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Michel Rivera on Gervonta: "Once I Take Care of Frank Martin, Everything Will Fall into Place"

On December 17th, Michel Rivera (24-0) will have the biggest fight of his young career when he faces fellow unbeaten lightweight Frank Martin (16-0) in a Showtime main event. The bout will headline a Premier Boxing Champions' card at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Dominicans having a mini surge of good fighters.

This should be a good fight, Martin is a very good fighter also.
    Last edited by STREET CLEANER; 12-13-2022, 11:18 AM.

Comment

This is a great matchup! You don't usually see 2 undefeated Top Prospects fighting each other! Salute to both fighters!

Comment

Cracking fight this, haven't seen much of Rivera but know he's good, Martin is also very good.
        great to see undefeated fighters putting it on the line!

Comment

I can see Rivera getting frustrated and losing his mind. I can't see Martin doing that. I want Rivera to win because I like him he's fun for boxing but he's in with a bad dude. I'm worried his gimmick will be his downfall.

I got nothin against Martin.
          I just gotta go with the self proclaimed next Ali (not named Nico) because he's also undefeated so I can't dispute it yet, I'll be on board but I see Martin as a super solid fighter and I aint too sure. I saw Rivera look a little vulnerable, and truth be told Ali was gonna be my favorite, but his media superstatus (and the howard cossell bs that forshadowed Jim Lampleys homerism), didn't live up to the fights I watched wanting him to look better. His all-time rank fell as I saw more fights. He got too many gift decisions (Ken Norton 3x- (he's my avatar)) and looked like crap later on but his ascribed godlike status dictated the judges decisions, and prevented a lot of people from seeing it or talking about it. If they had, he might have avoided so much damage living up to himself. And now days it's a religious blasphemy to point it out.
          But he's still great his early career. (however the best was Teofilo Stevenson ) Ali threw a superfast straight left to the face, just off center to the left that made dudes instinctively duck to the right where the right hand was waiting to crack them at lightning speed. And I always wonder, why Ali had so many KO's doing this that I don't see it more. (it happened in a blink- lights out you missed it)
          I also keep looking for Rivera to copy that. I haven't even seen it from him.
          Last edited by Wacked_Out; 12-14-2022, 02:47 AM.

Comment

This should be a great fight. It's not being talked about nearly enough.
            pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
              Dominicans having a mini surge of good fighters.

This should be a good fight, Martin is a very good fighter also.
              They’ve been winning vacant titles from weak opposition. Roger Guitirez lost to Tanajara bad. Guitierez almost put hector garcias lights out. Albert puello also won a vacant title from a no name guy. It’s the only way pbc can get a champion. Pbc is a scam company with desperate fans

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Hanson View Post

They’ve been winning vacant titles from weak opposition. Roger Guitirez lost to Tanajara bad. Guitierez almost put hector garcias lights out. Albert puello also won a vacant title from a no name guy. It’s the only way pbc can get a champion. Pbc is a scam company with desperate fans
                For what is out there and second tier fighters IMO they are doing well. From no champs now they have a few and they do have skills. Don't know what rift you have with it.

Comment

This is something that we don't see nearly enough of , two very good undefeated prospects taking a big chance and fighting each other. I commend both fighters and their teams for making this fight. This is how it ought to be but seldom is. Neither guy loses a whole lot of stock by losing this fight as long as it's good and competitive. I'm looking forward to it. I can see either guy winning it but I'm leaning towards Martin to win , but won't be surprised if Rivera takes it.

Comment

Working...
                  X