Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stanionis-Ortiz: Golden Boy Promotions ($2,300,000) Secures Rights To WBA 'Regular' Welterweight Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stanionis-Ortiz: Golden Boy Promotions ($2,300,000) Secures Rights To WBA 'Regular' Welterweight Title Fight

Golden Boy Promotions has secured the rights to one of the most attractive welterweight fights currently in play. The ordered Eimantas Stanionis-Vergil Ortiz WBA 'Regular' welterweight title fight has landed in Golden Boy's possession after posting $2,300,000 during a purse bid hearing Monday afternoon. The bid outpaced TGB Promotions, who
    [Click Here To Read More]

Vergil is a bad ass for pursuing this fight btw.

Comment

Hell Yes! This is one hell of a fight Stylistically could be similar to Stanionis vs Butaev which was a WAR

Respect to GBP for going through with it, I had my doubts they would make this fight and would instead maybe take Vergil the WBO Route
      Last edited by sicko; 12-12-2022, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Will Stanionis go through with it? Will PBC let him cross the street so to speak?

Comment

unstrap season for someone
          chepboxingking chepboxingking likes this.

Comment

Stanionis is getting 75 percent of it!? Because he has a fvkcing regular belt!? That's fvkcing bullshlt. Why did Golden boy even bid?

Comment

Vergil walking the walk,that's what's up! Ortiz by body shot KO...

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                Will Stanionis go through with it? Will PBC let him cross the street so to speak?
                I think so. I doubt they want Spence-Stanionis because it doesn't sell well and none of the bigger names like Thurman or Ugas have much reason to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle SneakyTouch View Post
                  Stanionis is getting 75 percent of it!? Because he has a fvkcing regular belt!? That's fvkcing bullshlt. Why did Golden boy even bid?
                  Probably because they can put in on in Texas and make a good buck off of it. Ridiculous that stanionis gets 75 percent though. Should be 60/40.

Comment

Vergil is stomping him out. Mean Machine is better than Stanionis. Ortiz will be upgraded to WBA champ fighting Stionis. Spence will upgraded to IBF champion fighting a Karen. The pBC guy need all the help they can get.

Comment

Working...
                    X