Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sandor Martin: I Clearly Won Lopez Fight, Ref Didn't Count a Knockdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sandor Martin: I Clearly Won Lopez Fight, Ref Didn't Count a Knockdown

Madison Square Garden, New York City - Former European champion Sandor Martin (40-3, 13 KOs) was not happy with the officiating for his fight with former lightweight champion Teofimo Lopez (18-1, 13 KOs), who made his second appearance at junior welterweight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The 7th round knockdown would have changed everything, indeed.
    REMOVE SHARK 5510 REMOVE SHARK 5510 likes this.

Comment

Didn’t score it, but I didn’t get the impression Martin deserved to win. Especially the last few rounds, didn’t seem like Martin did anything.

Comment

He is absolutely correct
        REMOVE SHARK 5510 REMOVE SHARK 5510 likes this.

Comment

I suggested if Lopez was to dominate or win world titles at 140 pounds.

He would needed to dominate Sandor Martin.

Lopez did not dominate Sandor Martin so, his campaign at 140 pounds is already looking more difficult than 135 pounds.

Well if Martin took this fight on short notice, going the distance and pushing Lopez is a performance which will gain him credit.

He has come out of this fight with big credit. If Lopez does not fight for a title next, they should do a rematch etc.

Comment

Close fight

Should have for the second KD

Shame
            Last edited by Dakuwaqa; 12-11-2022, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Lopez looked terrible but Martin ran like a puuzzzaayy all night. Thought he was gonna get moist or something.

Comment

I want to agree with Martin, but I can't stand fighters who get on their bicycles and land a few here and there and expect to win. Especially when you're the underdog, those situations call for you to take it to the other guy, and Martin just did not do that. I say draw or a narrow win for Lopez considering he was the one looking for the fight.
                786 786 landotter landotter like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
                  I want to agree with Martin, but I can't stand fighters who get on their bicycles and land a few here and there and expect to win. Especially when you're the underdog, those situations call for you to take it to the other guy, and Martin just did not do that. I say draw or a narrow win for Lopez considering he was the one looking for the fight.
                  Stylistic preferences aside, the second knockdown would have secured a victory for Martin.
                  byfbnz byfbnz likes this.

Comment

A great fighter would have found a way or better yet had something he already learned in the Ring to turn the fight into a brawl if that is what Teo wanted to have happen in the ring. People do not like runners and dancers in the ring fine who really does ? But I do not like fighters who talk beyound there experience and ability to say they dont like what someone does in the ring. Only if you make the other fighter conform to your style and defeat him soundly does that work. It reminds of when A.J.said after his last loss in the ring that he is not a 12 round fighter. Well do not take w12 round fights then. It is a stupid as saying he hits too hard, I dont like how hard he hits me when he throws punches. Well avoid getting hit dont complain ...........Dominate means many things in the ring but it does not mean complain about a certain style of fight. Dominate and make it your fight. Lopez showed very little in that fight other then his weaknesses..............
                    Cobra Curry Cobra Curry likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X