Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas Methodically Pounds Out 8-Round Unanimous Decision Against Alexis Salazar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas Methodically Pounds Out 8-Round Unanimous Decision Against Alexis Salazar

NEW YORK - Xander Zayas methodically continued his rise in the junior middleweight division Saturday night. The 20-year-old Puerto Rican prospect got off to a fast start against Alexis Salazar, dealt well with Salazar's movement and jab later in their fight and decisively won an eight-round unanimous decision at Madison Square Garden. Zayas (15-
    [Click Here To Read More]
    mach3833 mach3833 likes this.

The kid looked good, he has a bright future in boxing. He was in with a seasoned veteran who had only been knocked out once in 29 prior fight's.
    pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

I ought to methodically pound one out.

Comment

I think he has a lot of potential. He sure presents himself well . Good guy
        sportee01 sportee01 pnut901 pnut901 like this.

Comment

Huge fans of this kid, of course he has some work to do he is 20 I mean WTF but he is on the right path, you can tell he is a very good humble and Likable kid

Zayas on the right path but he should take his time, don't rush and don't let Arum and Trampler try to rush him into something he is not ready for at 20 the kid has nothing but time

Time to start Headlining PR Day Parade Weekend over Berlanga who doesn't have near the talent this kid has not even close
          pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

I'm starting to think this kids ceiling isn't quite as high as I did. He is good and still young, but I'm just not sure it he is a superstar in the making.

Comment

I’ve thought the same for a while. He has solid fundamentals but nothing spectacular. Power isn’t out of this world, and not fast or quick hands. IMO, he may become world champion but that’s not a given. And he certainly doesn’t look to have superstar quality.

Comment

Zayas has one important thing , self awareness. He knows that he's got things to work on. Get to work young man. I think he's got lots of upside, how much it's early to tell. As far as selling tickets and remembering to smile when he's supposed to , Top Rank is doing a good job with him there.

All the prospects got in good step up fights and passed their tests.
                Last edited by pnut901; 12-11-2022, 10:30 AM.
                sportee01 sportee01 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by jockpunk View Post
                  I'm starting to think this kids ceiling isn't quite as high as I did. He is good and still young, but I'm just not sure it he is a superstar in the making.
                  care to elaborate on this some?

I only saw the highlights and from what I saw (negatives wise) he had chances at catch a good amount of his opponent's punches on his shoulder if he would of raised it at the right time but he did not and was caught on the side of the face ( he did roll some of them but not enough).

He was in the right position but wasn't doing the shoulder movement (upward shrugging your shoulder and tucking your chin). The punches he did roll got him out of position slightly and if he would have used the shoulder tactic he would have been in much better positions to counter and exert less energy in the process. I hope him and his team are savvy enough to catch on to this and use it. I don't really know if that is something they use in there game but time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                  X