No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford-David Avanesyan: Stats & Stakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford-David Avanesyan: Stats & Stakes

By Cliff Rold - It's not the fight anyone, likely outside the challenger and people close to him, wanted. It's the fight everyone is going to get on Saturday night Maybe someday we will finally see Terence Crawford-Errol Spence. If we do, this Saturday will be seen as just one more step along the way. If we don't, this fight more than any other in Crawford's career will stand out as the one that happened instead.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The PPV, as with all Bud’s PPVs will be a flop. This however will be a complete flop. It will be lucky to hit 65k ppv buys. He has never been and never will be a PPV star fighting less than par competition. Until he realizes and accepts he is B side against any other competitor drawing 200k+ ppvs he will continue fighting cans. Once he establishes that he has beaten an A side fighter on a PPV event and can actually promote and be APPEALING to a fan base only then can he command the dollar he feels he is worth. Until then, not a single reputable promoter is going to pay him beyond what his drawing power is. The problem is either Bud is too dumb to realize this or too stubborn.
    Last edited by Boxingfanatic75; 12-10-2022, 04:13 AM.

Comment

My picks are:
      Bud KO before 9th
      Martin MD
      Warrington UD
      Knuckle sandwich Knuckle sandwich likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
        The PPV, as with all Bud’s PPVs will be a flop. This however will be a complete flop. It will be lucky to hit 65k ppv buys. He has never been and never will be a PPV star fighting less than par competition. Until he realizes and accepts he is B side against any other competitor drawing 200k+ ppvs he will continue fighting cans. Once he establishes that he has beaten an A side fighter on a PPV event and can actually promote and be APPEALING to a fan base only then can he command the dollar he feels he is worth. Until then, not a single reputable promoter is going to pay him beyond what his drawing power is. The problem is either Bud is too dumb to realize this or too stubborn.
        This wont even do 50k
        Boxingfanatic75 Boxingfanatic75 likes this.

Comment

The thing about this fight that I'm anticipating the most is the in ring post fight interview. Crawford is getting a lot of flack for his decision making and off the wall comments as of late. I'm curious to hear what he has to say and how he defends himself against his critics.
          Last edited by Lefty0616; 12-10-2022, 06:12 AM. Reason: Misspelled word

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
            The one thing I'm realizing about Bud, is that he doesn't dare to be great!

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty0616 View Post

​​​​
              And the thing is, he is an EXCELLENT fighter! Many many years ago in his career he was one of my favorite to watch fighters. What’s not to like about his style!? As time went on however the bull**** started to pile up and now it’s just unbearable. There’s NO excuse whatsoever, none at all as to why as a free agent he couldn’t have made that fight happen if that was the fight he wanted as he has said over and over again. NONE. When he was making a side deal while at the same time negotiating with Spence’s team, then pulled out, that told me everything I needed to know. He was never serious about the fight, he doesn’t want the fight and ran from it; while at the same time trying to save face.

Greats that become free agents bet on themselves! Take Mayweather. Instead of fighting cans post Arum he immediately took on WBC and The Ring welterweight champion Carlos Baldomir​. He didn’t do as Bud has done as a free agent. Mayweather then IMMEDIATELY goes after one of the best, elite boxer ODLH! Bud, however takes as his first opponent, another can.

Unless he shows otherwise he’s a con.
              Last edited by Boxingfanatic75; 12-10-2022, 07:20 AM.

Comment

This fight is a reflection of some of what is wrong in boxing n boxers so many times anymore. A PPV event that should not be a PPV event Fighters yes fighters and there associates in the game are concerned with the money first, the match up second and the fight fans last. And yet they are happy to hear fight fans talk talk talk about what could have been in the ring and hang on to what still might be. But pay attention and give time n respect to a fighter and his crew who should be saying "sorry people" we did not make the fight but here is something of a match up to hold you over for now no PPV guys. And then have the fight where no one has to miss a beat in reguards to two professional fighters in the ring. The fight game is so out of touch with the fans its a joke. They dont care you dont care and as time goes on I could care less and less about the whole game that is played called "Boxing".

Comment

Was anyone else looking at the header photo and wondering wtf Bud had done to his hair?

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty0616 View Post

​​​​
                    I am pretty sure that Bud can beat anyone at WW, but his biggest career win is over Shawn.

Not one of the guys he beat for any of his titles were in the top 50 all-time in their divisions. Ricky Burns is the Murray Sutherland of his generation, for those who remember.

If you ignore his titles and look at his oppostion, forget his name for a moment and he has no HOF resume at all.

Compare his with Devon Alexander for example, or Tim Bradley.

I dont blame him for fighting Avenasyan for $10 million. We all would do it if we could.

But he doesnt want to fight anyone who can win.

Comment

Working...
                    X