Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Artem Dalakian-David Jimenez: WBA Title Fight To Land On Beterbiev-Yarde Show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Artem Dalakian-David Jimenez: WBA Title Fight To Land On Beterbiev-Yarde Show

Artem Dalakian is set to hit the road for his next title defense. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that Dalakian's mandatory title defense versus Costa Rica's David Jimenez is now signed and sealed. The bout will take place on January 28 at OVO Arena Wembley in London, in supporting capacity to the Artur Beterbiev-Anthony Yarde lineal/WBC/IBF/WBO light heavyweight championship.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Dalakian is ethnic Armenian. Calling him Azerbaijan born is misleading.

Comment

Haven't seen Jimenez, will have to youtube him. Sounds like a good fight. Would be great if we did a get a 4 champ tournament at flyweight.
      dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by observer View Post
        Dalakian is ethnic Armenian. Calling him Azerbaijan born is misleading.
        He was born in Azerbaijan and lived there until his family fled to Ukraine. I don't get what is misleading about it. I didn't say he was Azerbaijani.
        dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          Haven't seen Jimenez, will have to youtube him. Sounds like a good fight. Would be great if we did a get a 4 champ tournament at flyweight.
          I'm expecting Sunny Edwards to be ringside sounding out the winner!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post

He was born in Azerbaijan and lived there until his family fled to Ukraine. I don't get what is misleading about it. I didn't say he was Azerbaijani.
            Sure it is factually correct. Only Azerbaijan killed 200 Armenians and shelled Armenian cities as recently as 3 months ago. Under these circumstances, to call an Armenian Azerbaijan born without clarification is a bit like calling a Jewish person German-born right after WW2.

Comment

Working...
            X