Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lopez on Prograis: 'Don't Say You're Gonna Knock Me Out But Only If the Money's Right'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lopez on Prograis: 'Don't Say You're Gonna Knock Me Out But Only If the Money's Right'

Teofimo Lopez thinks there is something feeble about fighters who are always going on about money. His case in point, Regis Prograis. The 25-year-old Lopez, a former unified lightweight champion, took issue with some comments Prograis recently made
    [Click Here To Read More]

That is the trend now. Call out fighters but the compensation has to be right. No glory or if they win that big fight it will spring board them to bigger and better things.

Comment

I like Teofimo but he himself was about the money in the Lomachenko fight.

And he was right to demand what he was worth then. So don't take that away from Prograis now.

Comment

Lopez was exactly the same way after he beat Loma so ifk what he's on about

Comment

Teo better be worried about Martin before he starts thinking about Prograis. Sandor doesn't have much power, but he's slick with his combinations and footwork. His defense is a few levels above Teo's as well. As far as Prograis, Lopez is not ready for that type of work yet. He might want to jump in with Barboza or Pedraza next to keep growing skill wise. Regis doesn't come to play, he puts fighters on their ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post
            Teo better be worried about Martin before he starts thinking about Prograis. Sandor doesn't have much power, but he's slick with his combinations and footwork. His defense is a few levels above Teo's as well. As far as Prograis, Lopez is not ready for that type of work yet. He might want to jump in with Barboza or Pedraza next to keep growing skill wise. Regis doesn't come to play, he puts fighters on their ass.
            I couldn't have put it better, THIS!
            Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Teo is crazy, but he has a point! As soon as you say "If the money is right," you don't sound like you really about that action! If you're at 140, and someone from 147 and above calls you out, then you can say "If the money is right!" However, when y'all are in the same weight class, leave that comment alone!
              SteelFist01 SteelFist01 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                I like Teofimo but he himself was about the money in the Lomachenko fight.

And he was right to demand what he was worth then. So don't take that away from Prograis now.
                Exactly. Teo is the biggest hypocrite
                NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

“Don’t shy away,” Lopez continued. “Don’t say you’re gonna knock me out but [only] if the money’s right. If you’re gonna knock me out, just say, ‘You’re gonna knock me out, I don't care what money it is , I just wanna Teofimo out of the way.’ That’s what a champion says. That’s what a true champion that has a lot of confidence in himself would say. You know, so all these guys that are talking all this stuff, it’s not the same when they fight me in the ring. That’s what I capitalize on.”
                  Interesting take from Teofimo Lopez. It takes one to know one.

Comment

I’m usually not a big Teo fan , but he’s totally right on this. Prograis seems way too proud and pleased with himself for winning a belt someone else gave up - and against a nothing-special guy like Zepeda. The fact remains that when Prograis really esteemed up in class - against Josh Taylor - he came up short.
                    Last edited by Roj; 12-07-2022, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X