Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren on Fury's Return. Dubois' TKO of Lerena, Crawford-Avanesyan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren on Fury's Return. Dubois' TKO of Lerena, Crawford-Avanesyan

THE TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR stadium was turned into our very own version of Winter Wonderland on Saturday. Despite all the negativity, the naysayers and predictions of a half-full stadium, the pulling power of Tyson Fury was there for all to see on a nippy night in North London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Anyone can get caught and hurt at heavyweight, very easily, and just because Kevin was coming from the cruiserweight division did not matter, he is a strong thick set guy with some power, but the worrying sign is that DDD seems a little fragile when clipped, he will need to address this or work on defense when progressing on to the top heavyweight fights.

Comment

Originally posted by sledgehammer17 View Post
      Anyone can get caught and hurt at heavyweight, very easily, and just because Kevin was coming from the cruiserweight division did not matter, he is a strong thick set guy with some power, but the worrying sign is that DDD seems a little fragile when clipped, he will need to address this or work on defense when progressing on to the top heavyweight fights.
      It could have been just that magic shot that would have done the same to anyone. That said, his lack of fluid body movement and timing makes me concerned for him against any of the big guys. He is big and strong and hits pretty hard and that may only get you just so far.
      rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

Yeah, Dubois ain't a top heavyweight, that's for sure.

Comment

Fury, lol, he just lies for no reason, or maybe to amuse himself by toying with the public. Warren just stated that Fury completed the fight with Chisora without any mishaps and will be fighting Usyk in February-March. He said nothing about any injury or surgery, so why was Fury saying that after the fight? This guy loves the attention, lol.
          dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyborg Fangerloo View Post
            It could have been just that magic shot that would have done the same to anyone. That said, his lack of fluid body movement and timing makes me concerned for him against any of the big guys. He is big and strong and hits pretty hard and that may only get you just so far.
            Dubois also sticks his chin out and drops both hands to his waist when he starts throwing hooks. He can't mount offence without completely abandoning his defence. He'll be slept against any sharp counterpuncher or someone who just has a solid chin and is willing to throw at the same time.

Comment

Dubois seems shaken still from the jabs he took from Joyce. I think Ben Askren would beat Trevor Bryan so that win didn't really mean much. I don't get it why so many of these new HW's don't wanna learn defence. Hrgovic, Ajagba, Triple Knee, Wardley and others. They all just stand dead straight and load power shots. Who thinks this is a good style especially at heavyweight? Unreal. Watch some Joe Frazier fights and go back to the gym with those in mind.
              Butt stuff Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

Sounds promising for the big one although it doesn't look like "undisputed" will last long if Fury wins because if he goes into a fight with Joyce he'll probably be stripped of the IBF. I personally don't care as supremacy will have been established and Joyce is a better opponent than Hrgovic.
                Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

But people also forget, Fury was being banged about early on in his career.

And when he does fight at World to Elite level these days? He is still getting decked and banged about.

Dubois at-least showed some powers of recovery, and determination to fight back 'Just like Tyson Fury'.

Durability is not just about taking punch, it is about how a fighter reacts and fights when hurt etc.

Dubois is a decent enough fighter. He has had some good wins, but not big break through wins as of yet.​
                  Clive Davenport Clive Davenport likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgochump View Post
                    Dubois seems shaken still from the jabs he took from Joyce. I think Ben Askren would beat Trevor Bryan so that win didn't really mean much. I don't get it why so many of these new HW's don't wanna learn defence. Hrgovic, Ajagba, Triple Knee, Wardley and others. They all just stand dead straight and load power shots. Who thinks this is a good style especially at heavyweight? Unreal. Watch some Joe Frazier fights and go back to the gym with those mind.
                    You're right, that's why I think Sanchez, Pero and Bruzon, can make some noise down the line. They're young, athletic and have pretty good defense.
                    letsgochump letsgochump likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X