Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Teofimo Lopez, Sandor Martin - Tense Face-Off in New York City

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Teofimo Lopez, Sandor Martin - Tense Face-Off in New York City

Lopez, Martin Face-Off Photos Gallery - Brooklyn native Teofimo Lopez, the former lightweight king and current junior welterweight contender, kicked off fight week 100 stories above Manhattan. Lopez takes on Spanish southpaw Sandor Martin in a 10-round main event this Saturday, Dec. 10, at Madison Square Garden. Four days from his first main event at MSG's "big room," Lopez went face to face with Martin at Edge at Hudson Yards, the highest sky deck in the Western Hemisphere. (photos by Mikey Williams)
    [Click Here To Read More]

I didn't realize Martin was that much bigger

Comment

What’s a reasonable objective analysis of this fight? It always seemed like the key to any of Lopez’s past success was how he made his opponents taste his power early. Does that still work here? And if not, what’s his plan B?
      Cyborg Fangerloo Cyborg Fangerloo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by sirculturevulture View Post
        What’s a reasonable objective analysis of this fight? It always seemed like the key to any of Lopez’s past success was how he made his opponents taste his power early. Does that still work here? And if not, what’s his plan B?
        Martin is a tricky fighter, but his chin hasn't really been tested, plus we don't really know if Teo's power followed him up. Campa wasn't a good measure.

We feel like Martin is more technically sound. We'll be talking about it on the podcast for sure.
        Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 12-06-2022, 07:30 PM.
        sirculturevulture sirculturevulture likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          I didn't realize Martin was that much bigger
          That's what stood out to me at as soon as I saw their face off, Martin is bigger, and looks to be heavier also.
          He might be even more dangerous than Lopez' original opponent Jose Pedraza, remember Martin beat, and retired Micky Garcia, no easy feat .
          He also didn't seem to be amused by Lopez's antic, and the last time Lopez tried to intimidate his opponent he got busted up (by Kambosos).
          This Martin just might upset the apple cart so to speak, come Saturday night at Madison Square Garden in New York City.​​​​​​
          OctoberRed OctoberRed likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

That's what stood out to me at as soon as I saw their face off, Martin is bigger, and looks to be heavier also.
            He might be even more dangerous than Lopez' original opponent Jose Pedraza, remember Martin beat, and retired Micky Garcia, no easy feat .
            He also didn't seem to be amused by Lopez's antic, and the last time Lopez tried to intimidate his opponent he got busted up (by Kambosos).
            This Martin just might upset the apple cart so to speak, come Saturday night at Madison Square Garden in New York City.​​​​​​
            I fear for Teo’s mental health if Martin pulls the upset. He’s one bad loss away from a major meltdown.

Comment

Pedraza pulling out was probably the worst thing that could've happened to Teo as Sandor is a lot fresher and trickier of the two. Mikey wasn't exactly in the best of shape but Sandor was able to negate Mikeys boxing ability and take his power shots with ease. Teo better be all in as this fight can get away from him real quick.

Comment

I've said this before and I'll say it again. IMHO one of the major reasons Lopez lost his fight with Kambosos Jr was because he went in there with anger as he was swinging wildly for a knockout. It is my opinion that if he was there focused and took his time to study Kambosos he should have won that fight. But he got careless and let his anger and pride get the best of him and result was obvious. Oh, his corner didn't seem to be of much help, neither. And let it be known that I am not a Lopez fan.

As for this fight I am not sure because I'm not familiar with Martin to be honest.

Comment

Looks like Sandor Martin is going to kick ass throughout the entire Spanish diaspora and show these vatos what that MOTHERLAND LIFE BOUT!
                  PhillyShellSlick PhillyShellSlick likes this.

Comment

Sandor can box, no doubt about it. He's also bigger and fresher that Pedraza.. If he fights smart, he can pull off the upset.

Comment

Working...
                    X