Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: The Goal For Next Year Is Josh Taylor, To Kick His Ass In The UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: The Goal For Next Year Is Josh Taylor, To Kick His Ass In The UK

FLEMINGTON, New Jersey - Teofimo Lopez will have plenty of appealing options within the 140-pound division if he defeats Sandor Martin on Saturday night at Madison Square Garden.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Taylor hand himself has to win first. Lopez going after the money and Arum has been dangling Taylor to Bud and now Teo.
    Last edited by STREET CLEANER; 12-06-2022, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Taylor would beat the absolute sht out of Teofimo. Probably his worst matchup at 140. Cool if it happens though.
      Last edited by SplitSecond; 12-06-2022, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Like SplitSecond, I’m not sure that is the best move for Teo? Taylor is a dawg and will dig deeper than the emotionally fragile Lopez if the bout comes down to it. I would love to see this fight personally as I think it’s a 50/50 fight. Hope it happens but I’m pessimistic that Teo is just using Taylor’s name to sell this weekends fight.

Comment

I like Splitsecond's comment too, but it wouldn't be the worst match-up and Taylor isn't 140 anymore. Those days are gone.

Comment

Taylor got screwed winning all those belts. They absolutely tried to dog him. Offering him chump change to defend them for the price of one, and sanction fees all around. I think I know what he's doing. Scattering the titles and laying up until he's stripped naked.
            Last edited by Corelone; 12-06-2022, 12:20 PM.
            STREET CLEANER STREET CLEANER likes this.

Comment

I didn't see Taylor staying around at 140 since he claims to want to be a multi-division champ, but with Ennis (especially) and Ortiz on the cusp of titles when Crawford and Spence likely vacate and move up to 154, maybe he opts for the safer waters of 140.

Comment

Taylor moving to 147 after Cattarral match

Comment

Taylor has to win his rematch with Catterall first. That's not a given. Not sure where he goes from there. He has trouble making 140, and 147 is no-man's land, he won't beat any of the top welters in Spence/Crawford/Ennis/Ortiz. He would beat Teo at 140 so long as he has a long camp to make weight. It may end up being a catchweight fight.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyCan View Post
                    Like SplitSecond, I’m not sure that is the best move for Teo? Taylor is a dawg and will dig deeper than the emotionally fragile Lopez if the bout comes down to it. I would love to see this fight personally as I think it’s a 50/50 fight. Hope it happens but I’m pessimistic that Teo is just using Taylor’s name to sell this weekends fight.
                    Out of curiosity, what makes you feel Lopez is emotionally fragile in the ring? His 12th round against an oncoming Loma while cut was pretty gutsy and although in a loss, he came back after digging himself a hole against kambosos to drop him and win most of the championship rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X