Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez 'Very Likely' To Face John Ryder In May, Hearn Says

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez 'Very Likely' To Face John Ryder In May, Hearn Says

Canelo Alvarez's future is becoming clearer with each passing day. Matchroom Boxing head Eddie Hearn has stated that the undisputed super middleweight champion Alvarez is "very likely" to next face John Ryder in May in either the United States, United Kingdom, or Mexico, and that discussions have already begun for the potential fight with Alvarez manager and trainer Eddy Reynoso.
    [Click Here To Read More]

'Who has he beat?'

Comment

When's the first mandatory? Isn't it the WBA?

Comment

Canelo is gonna avoid a fight with Benavidez at all cost. He is fighting Ryder in May then Bivol in September 2023 so at the earliest it would be May 2024 and that's not even mentioning any and all other mandatories he should be fighting.
        Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Whatever. Not a fight I care for but coming off surgery you’d figure he wants a tune up.

If he doesn’t want another L so soon I think it’s in his best interest that he revisit Bivol later. Go beat up Charlo or take on David.

I won’t crap on him if he takes this tune up next but if the fight after isn’t Bivol, Benavidez, Charlo or some good wildcard match up that nobody’s thinking about, he rightfully deserves all the hate that will be spewed his way
          Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

You don't need a tune up to test your hand, thats what a gym is for ffs how thick are people these days. Hearn has been talking about the 3rd fight being Ryder since MARCH. This was always the plan!

Comment

Why? How is Ryder, going to get Canelo, ready for Bivol, or Benavidez, he's not!
              So is Canelo even really planning on fighting either one of the two top dogs just mentioned?
              I don't think that Canelo is a coward, but I do believe that he has avoided certain fighters.
              Choosing to fight certain fighters that suit his style of fighting more, than the other's fighters who's styles don't suit his.
              The only reason that I can come up with for Canelo fighting Ryder is so that he can get a knockout win.
              Due to the fact that Canelo was hard pressed to defeat GGG in his last fight, and actually looked depleted/out of it in his post fight interview.
              He even got angry when one of the reports in that post fight interview asked him when was he going to fight Benavidez?
              Canelo appeared to suggest that I just went through a very difficult fight with GGG, and your going to ask me about fighting that nightmare (Benavidez), "don't disrespect me" (what)?
              Well Canelo that's what most of us want to see you fighting Benavidez, we already know that you can't possibly beat Bivol, you just don't have the boxing skill's to do so.
              It appear's like Canelo doesn't have many more years left in his career, or wins for that matter he just looks to worn out.
              As if there's not much left in him, maybe one win in 2023, against Ryder, but if he fight's Bivol, in September of 2023, he'll lose that rematch.
              Then going forward 2024 will be just as bad, or even worse for him as he's been looking old, slow, and worn out in his last few fight's.
              He's had an incredible career one that will be talked about for years to come, but the unavoidable truth is that everything has to come to an end.
              Last edited by Boricua181; 12-06-2022, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Waiting for official announcement and poster.

Comment

Not interested in this fight at all but a lot of ppl seem to be happy for Ryder so fair play just won't be watching or care about it.

Comment

Good scrap. Ole John deserves it. Hopefully in a raucous england crowd.

Comment

Working...
                    X