Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia's Trainer: Hector Is An Olympian, A Champion; Ryan Garcia Hasn't Accomplished Either

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Garcia's Trainer: Hector Is An Olympian, A Champion; Ryan Garcia Hasn't Accomplished Either

Bob Santos understands that Gervonta Davis-Ryan Garcia is one of the biggest fights that can be made in boxing. Hector Luis Garcia's trainer just doesn't think skeptics should dismiss his undefeated 130-pound champion as anything resembling a tune-up opponent for Davis on January 7. Santos suggested that among Garcias, Hector Luis indisputably is
    [Click Here To Read More]

Don't disagree with the general premise. Pretty confident Luke Campbell would beat Colbert though. Campbell having the amateur pedigree that neither Colbert nor even Hector Luis Garcia have - an Olympic Gold Medallist, as opposed to someone who didn't win a bout.

Put simply, put a bit of respect on Campbell's name

Comment

I have to give Campbell his respects. He did well without drugs or a protection syndicate. If he was on those fertility pills, he would have KOd Ryan.
      PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
        I have to give Campbell his respects. He did well without drugs or a protection syndicate. If he was on those fertility pills, he would have KOd Ryan.
        I always liked Campbell a lot. Not sure exactly why but I found that I enjoyed his boxing style. He seemed content to do things his way and if things had been different I think he could have achieved more.

Comment

I think Hector Luis Garcia is a tough, skilled fighter but I think size may play a bit of factor (in both his fight and in comparison to KingRy). Hector is 130lber. KingRy is a big framed fighter who outgrew 135. Tank is a stocky guy who's probably most comfortable at lightweight and hits hard enough to put down much bigger men.
          wrecksracer wrecksracer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

I always liked Campbell a lot. Not sure exactly why but I found that I enjoyed his boxing style. He seemed content to do things his way and if things had been different I think he could have achieved more.
            He's a great amateur never adjusted well to the pros. Very dangerous for 3rds or in spurts.
            PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

“If you’re just looking at accomplishments,” Santos said, “without looking at Gatorade commercials, and I’m not saying he’s not a tremendous talent and him and Tank wouldn’t be a tremendous fight, but if you’re just gonna look at accomplishments inside the ring, this guy is an Olympian and a world champion. So, as far as accomplishments in the ring, by far he has accomplished more in his career, as of this moment, than what Ryan Garcia has accomplished. And that’s just a fact.”

Well Damn! That was was very well said Mr. Santos! I don't know what Floyd & Ellerbe were thinking with this one! This is not your typical "stay-busy" opponent! Can't wait to see who Ryan will be fighting!

Comment

H.Garcia is ok but not sure why they needed to bring him up from 130 (and I bet he gets to keep the belt - thank you Al Haymon and the corrupt WBA).

H.Garica's main problem is that he's defensively open, Colbert was tagging him a lot but didn't have the power to get his respect. But Tank (even though he's overrated) shouldn't have that problem, this fight is something like 70-30 Tank's favour.
                Last edited by Body the jab; 12-01-2022, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                  I think Hector Luis Garcia is a tough, skilled fighter but I think size may play a bit of factor (in both his fight and in comparison to KingRy). Hector is 130lber. KingRy is a big framed fighter who outgrew 135. Tank is a stocky guy who's probably most comfortable at lightweight and hits hard enough to put down much bigger men.
                  Hector is actually bigger than Tank. He's a huge 130 lber, I don't know how he makes the weight. But, that aside, he's a very skilled boxer, but Tank by KO in 7 or 8 rounds.

Comment

I'm not saying one guy is better than the other, I do think Ryan's style has more exciting but if Hector trainer wants to compare apples to apples. Yes Hector is an Olympian, Ryan is a 15 time national champion, in a country were competition is far superior than the Dominican Republic, I'm not going to penalize Ryan for deciding to go pro rather than go the Olympic route. Hector has won a "title", it's a secondary title just like the secondary title Garcia won beating Campbell who in my opinion is better than the the guy Hector beat. As far of who is going to give Tank more issues, I would say Ryan just because he's bigger and punches harder and has more speed, all due respect to Hector but he's a 130 pounder going up. Anything can happen in boxing but they picked Hector for a reason right before a big money fight.
                    Joe shmo Joe shmo likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X