Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Prograis on Taylor: 'He Hasn't Gotten Better ... I Might Stop Him'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Prograis on Taylor: 'He Hasn't Gotten Better ... I Might Stop Him'

Regis Prograis is convinced he is a much improved fighter from the version he was in 2019. He can't say the same for longtime nemesis Josh Taylor. Prograis, the newly crowned WBC 140-pound titlist from New Orleans, thinks Scotland's Taylor, the WBO titlist, has plateaued as a fighter, saying he has not seen any tangible improvement from the Scotsman since their highly
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'd like to see that rematch, Josh Taylor ain't no joke. You said that you're staying at 140, and Taylor has moved up to 147, so it's a mute point.
    Unless you both reach a compromise, then and only then that rematch can take place.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
      I'd like to see that rematch, Josh Taylor ain't no joke. You said that you're staying at 140, and Taylor has moved up to 147, so it's a mute point.
      Unless you both reach a compromise, then and only then that rematch can take place.
      Boricua, do you remember a while back that Prograis and Wheeler were supposed to fight? Wheeler couldn't make 140 so the fight got scrapped.

Back then, I think Prograis was willing to fight him at 144 at the most and Wheeler wanted 145. I gotta imagine it would be something similar with Taylor.

I think I'd rather see Prograis against Ramirez. That fight would be violence and I think Regis takes him.
      factsarenice factsarenice likes this.

Comment

The Prograis that fought Zepeda was levels better then what he showed in the past. Prograis never boxed as much, set traps or made adjustments, the improvements were notable.

On the other hand, Josh Taylor looked confused and frustrated against Catterall and frankly....Jack Catterall is no Jose Zepeda. Just based upon Taylor's last fight I would argue that Josh Taylor has gotten worse since Prograis. Taylor never shined against Ramerez and looked weak and vulnerable against Jack Catterall.

Josh Taylor is not the same, he's slipping. I don't know if it's the big money, weight or his grueling brawl with Prograis but one thing for sure, Josh Taylor lost something that he better find if he's going to get past Catterall.
        Last edited by factsarenice; 11-30-2022, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Boricua, do you remember a while back that Prograis and Wheeler were supposed to fight? Wheeler couldn't make 140 so the fight got scrapped.

Back then, I think Prograis was willing to fight him at 144 at the most and Wheeler wanted 145. I gotta imagine it would be something similar with Taylor.

I think I'd rather see Prograis against Ramirez. That fight would be violence and I think Regis takes him.
          Agreed, spot on.

Comment

PBR Streetgang, I was just responding to Prograis' comment about him knocking out Taylor.
            Right about now anyone that Prograis fights in the 140 pound division is must see TV, (so to say).
            I do think that Prograis would meet Taylor at a catch weight for the right amount of money, and to try to get his revenge.

No I don't remember that off the top of my head, which Wheeler was that, and where is he now?
            Last edited by Boricua181; 11-30-2022, 12:25 PM.
            PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

I dont even like Josh Taylor but he is an elite fighter. Of course people will cry Catteral but the Scot definitely earned being undisputed, he beat better comp than any current or recent undisputed champs to earn his. I had him beating Prograis 8-4 and I have him stopping Prograis if they fight again.

Comment

PBR Streetgang, I was just responding to Prograis' comment about him knocking out Taylor.
                Right about now anyone that Prograis fights in the 140 pound division is must see TV, (so to say).
                I do think that Prograis would meet Taylor at a catch weight for the right amount of money, and to try to get his revenge.

No I don't remember that off the top of my head, which Wheeler was that, and where is he now?
                You probably don't remember because there was no Wheeler! I meant Hooker, my brain must have been tired.

I agree with your comments and didn't mean to sound like I disagreed with my previous statement.

My preference would be to see Prograis and Ramirez but wouldn't mind seeing Prograis and Taylor run it back at a catch weight or even 147.
                ​​​
                Last edited by PBR Streetgang; 11-30-2022, 08:33 PM.

Comment

You probably don't remember because there was no Wheeler! I meant Hooker, my brain must have been tired.

I agree with your comments and didn't mean to sound like I disagreed with my previous statement.

My preference would be to see Prograis and Ramirez but wouldn't mind seeing Prograis and Taylor run it back at a catch weight or even 147.
                  ​​​
                  Thanks for your quick response, and the correction of your original statement in regards to my comment of Prograis' statement.
                  Jose Ramirez versus Regis Prograis is definitely a fight that I'd like to see happen, as soon as they can make it happen.
                  Prograis has many good fighters to face in the near future, starting with what should be a very good year for his career in 2023.
                  I do want to see a fight between him, and Subriel "Browny" Matias, aka "El Orgullo de Maternillo", if and when he beats Jeremias Ponce.

​​​​​​
                  Last edited by Boricua181; 12-01-2022, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your quick response, and the correction of your original statement in regards to my comment of Prograis' statement.
                    Jose Ramirez versus Regis Prograis is definitely a fight that I'd like to see happen, as soon as they can make it happen.
                    Prograis has many good fighters to face in the near future, starting with what should be a very good year for his career in 2023.
                    I do want to see a fight between him, and Subriel "Browny" Matias, aka "El Orgullo de Maternillo", if and when he beats Jeremias Ponce.

​​​​​​
                    Now that would be a violent fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X