Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trilogy Merely Another Scene in Chocolatito's Remarkable Second Act

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Trilogy Merely Another Scene in Chocolatito's Remarkable Second Act

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Loathe as I am to concede it, I'll still be first to raise my hand and admit that a smidge more than five years ago - when a 30-year-old version of Roman Gonzalez was pummeled by a then-unappreciated Srisaket Sor Rungvisai in the small-town fight capital of Carson, Calif. - I thought he was done.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I’m going to have to agree with Fitzimmons. As much as I’d love to see Choco pull it off, I see Estrada emerging victorious with a SD victory.

Comment

Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post
      I’m going to have to agree with Fitzimmons. As much as I’d love to see Choco pull it off, I see Estrada emerging victorious with a SD victory.
      He said that Estrada won narrowly on the scorecards - which is true. Do you agree that Estrada was the real winner though? Majority of the boxing media saw Gonzalez win that fight but didn't get the decision. think Estrada looks more washed than Choco.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

He said that Estrada won narrowly on the scorecards - which is true. Do you agree that Estrada was the real winner though? Majority of the boxing media saw Gonzalez win that fight but didn't get the decision. think Estrada looks more washed than Choco.
        I thought the judges got it wrong. Gonzales won the fight in my eyes and I thought he did just enough to earn that win. I also have to take Estrada’s last fight into account. He went to war with Argi Cortez and had to dig deep to earn that victory. That fight might’ve taken a little something out of Estrada.
        SteveM SteveM likes this.

Comment

I like Chocolatito in this one. He's having a great resurgence. The other winner will be the fans , these two don't know how to be in a bad fight.

Comment

The plan was simple: show respect for the past while creating the future. Surpass Floyd Mayweather’s career and undefeated record. The problem: Srisaket Sor Rungvisai. Sor Rungvisai managed to beat Chocolatito Gonzalez by using his superior size and strength to wear down the smaller man. He was able to land the more powerful shots and impose his will on Gonzalez, who was unable to mount a consistent offense. This was a huge upset, as Gonzalez was considered one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world, and Sor Rungvisai was a relative unknown, at least among casual boxing fans. But the true connoisseurs of boxing knew all along that Sor Rungvisai had the ingredients necessary to brew an historic and unforgettable upset. In the rematch, Sor Rungvisai was able to one-up himself, as Chocolatito Gonzalez was brutally knocked out by the Thai fighter. Sor Rungvisai showed his durability and power in the fight. He was able to withstand the early onslaught from Chocolatito, and then lured the Latin pugilist into his preferred range, where he patiently waited for the right moment and to uncork a beautiful blistering punch to knock the poor soul out of his senses. I still remember the referee patting the prone Chocolatito trying to wake him up, as he stared aimlessly towards the ceiling of the arena. This was an impressive performance from Sor Rungvisai and he deserves a lot of credit for it. Those two fights would prove to be the mountaintop experience of Srisaket Sor Rungvisai’s career. The Thai fighter has had a tough time in his love life since then, and it has really affected him as a boxer. He just doesn't seem to be the same fighter that he once was. It's really sad to see because he was such a great boxer at one time. Ironically, it is Chocolatito who has experienced a relative resurgence in recent years. After the Sor Rungvisai debacle, it’s safe to say he’ll never be as big as Mayweather, and yet he’s establishing himself as a much-loved and enduring boxer for the current era who displays true bravery, focus, longevity, and grace inside the ring and outside it as well. Chocolatito is one of my favorite boxers because he is an incredibly skilled and exciting fighter. He possesses great speed and accuracy, and is able to fight at a very high level for long periods of time. He also has a difficult chin to crack, which has been evident in his recent fights. I believe that he has the ability to beat Estrada in their conclusive match, and I am looking forward to seeing it.

Comment

2 great fights, but Chocolatito beat him twice. The second fight was a robbery!

Comment

Originally posted by Brittney1229 View Post
                2 great fights, but Chocolatito beat him twice. The second fight was a robbery!
                Chocolatito clearly won the second fight
                No doubt in mind

Comment

Like most, I thought Choco absolutely deserved the decision last time out and judging from Estrada’s last fight, I think he wins this one too.

Comment

Working...
                  X