Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Maybe Dillian Fights In February, March, AJ Fights Franklin; Then In Summer At Wembley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Maybe Dillian Fights In February, March, AJ Fights Franklin; Then In Summer At Wembley

Eddie Hearn isn't certain whether Dillian Whyte and Anthony Joshua will fight next. Their promoter hopes, of course, that the worst-case scenario is that Joshua and Whyte will partake in one bout apiece prior to their rematch taking place sometime next summer at Wembley Stadium in London. Hearn even suggested that
    [Click Here To Read More]

These potential fights are all a bit "meh". I feel like Hearn is gauging public reaction to see what will sell. If Joshua wants to rebuild that's understandable, but he should just get on and do it quietly rather than have his promoter try to hype things up into PPV events.

I still want to see Wilder - Joshua. That's the fight I think he should work towards assuming he actually wants to continue his career.
    MANNY67 MANNY67 likes this.

Comment

This is pretty good business by Hearn - Getting a lot of money out of AJ before matching him tough/world level again.

I think Joshua-Franklin and Joshua-Whyte 2 are both good fights. It’s a nice comeback trail for Joshua.

Comment

That's very sensible actually. It's fair on Franklin too as he will make the big £££ that he deserves. Hearn should keep Franklin on, he'd be a good test for McKean and Zhang in the future.

Comment

Sounds like there isn't any plan at all. Hearn just using a potential fight between Whyte and Joshua to try and keep both relevant. Same with the Wilder talk.
          thack thack likes this.

Comment

These are pretty underwhelming fights tbh. I dont see the point in this "rebuilding" **** either. rebuild to what? plus these fights still have a degree of risk for a guy like AJ but unlike say a Wilder fight nobody gives a **** about them.
            thack thack likes this.

Comment

I don’t really see much point in marinating Joshua-Whyte 2.

I’d get it made him April, let AJ get back to winning ways and then look to make either the Wilder or Fury fight.

Joshua never fights more than twice a year so if he has a tune up before a Whyte rematch then that pushes back any meaningful fights to 2024.
              MikeyG MikeyG thack thack like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Goatintheboat View Post
                Sounds like there isn't any plan at all. Hearn just using a potential fight between Whyte and Joshua to try and keep both relevant. Same with the Wilder talk.
                Yip, and fights he's discussing are absolute garbage anyway.

Comment

We know who jermain is now at least his name on map. Losing to Whyte might not be all bad just a bit embarrasing Doubt whyte will want rematch, take money and run is sometimes best
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 11-28-2022, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
                    These are pretty underwhelming fights tbh. I dont see the point in this "rebuilding" **** either. rebuild to what? plus these fights still have a degree of risk for a guy like AJ but unlike say a Wilder fight nobody gives a **** about them.
                    Just watch.

People want to see how he comes back.

Then after two wins he'll be fully rebuilt as a credible title challenger with question marks over the bravery of any titlist not willing to fight him.

Promoters rebuild fighters because it's proven to work. It will certainly work on casuals. And if you were reading this forum in the days after Helenius fell over you'll realise it works on boxing fans too. Doesn't take much.
                    Flap Mr WorldWide likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X