Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Regis Prograis Completes Three-Year Journey Back To A World Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Regis Prograis Completes Three-Year Journey Back To A World Title

By Corey Erdman - Regis Prograis loves to study. When he first started boxing, ultimately turning pro late by modern standards at 23, he concluded that one way he could get a leg up on the competition was to read voraciously, like one of his early idols Mike
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good article not just the usual repetitive dross.
    JLC JLC likes this.

Comment

I can't stand a writer that perpetrates alphabet nonsense. Josh Taylor is the world champion, not Prograis or anyone else who wins a garbage belt Taylor was extorted into giving up.

Comment

Boxing hasn't evolved, it has devolved. The old school had techniques and styles that modern fighters have no clue about.

Good to see Regis studying the past, though.

Comment

Great article. Prograis performance deserved this thoughtful response.

Comment

Originally posted by wildman View Post
            I can't stand a writer that perpetrates alphabet nonsense. Josh Taylor is the world champion, not Prograis or anyone else who wins a garbage belt Taylor was extorted into giving up.
            You’re just gonna pretend that Catteral fight didn’t happen? Who was the garbage that night? Taylor that’s who, and all his belts should belong to someone else. You’re overlooking that fact.
            just the facts just the facts likes this.

Comment

ChamberOfTruth, Catteral probably deserved the decision that night. But Taylor is doing what a true champion does and giving him an immediate rematch. These corrupt organizations should all respect that instead of dividing their worthless trinkets up for their own purposes.
              Last edited by wildman; 11-28-2022, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Boxing hasn't evolved, it has devolved. The old school had techniques and styles that modern fighters have no clue about.

Good to see Regis studying the past, though.
                Just to play devil’s advocate here, you think the Manassa Mauler had a leg up technique wise compared to say Usyk?

Comment

Originally posted by ChamberOfTruth View Post

Just to play devil’s advocate here, you think the Manassa Mauler had a leg up technique wise compared to say Usyk?
                  Does Usyk know anything about the use of the falling step, the power line, and shoulder whirl to deliver maximum power?

Is he aware of the surge for shovel hooks? Does he use inside triples and outside triples?
                  Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 11-28-2022, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Josh Taylor isn't going to do any such thing. I'm not saying he isn't good, he did beat Prograis, I saw it. I'm saying Taylor is done at 140. I don't think a nutritionist can fix this and the longer he plays it out, the bigger he'll be.

Comment

Working...
                    X