Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Prograis: I Wish I Always Had A Nutritionist; Old-School Way Of Making Weight How You Get CTE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Prograis: I Wish I Always Had A Nutritionist; Old-School Way Of Making Weight How You Get CTE

Regis Prorgais would've been one ornery guy if it were this time a year ago. Not just because, with a weigh-in looming the next afternoon, he'd have had to skip Thanksgiving dinner. But also because until earlier this year, Prograis always attempted to make weight in what the former WBA super lightweight champion calls "the old school" way.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Isnt he always in catchweights???

Comment

Good for him,hopefully Chon is on point as well. Think for the $60 ppv I might as well go watch it live,going to be a great fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        Isnt he always in catchweights???
        Against redkach yes but in his last fight he made championship weight cus it was an eliminator

Comment

It still amazes me what professional athletes, (especially ones with weight classes), don’t understand or know about nutrition and weight. And it’s not because they’re stupid. Fighters are focused on fighting and simply doing what they know or were told about weight control or cutting weight.
          The truth is, a soccer mom who works out every other day at a fitness center has enough knowledge about weight and nutrition to effectively advise a boxer on proper weight management.
          Last edited by Casualfanboy; 11-24-2022, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Sounds like an excuse. Quit starving and move up to 147.

Comment

Training in a deficit doesn't give you CTE. Sitting in a sauna doesn't give you CTE. Fasting for a week doesn't give you CTE.

Getting punched in the head does.

Jesus Christ, what an imbecile.
              Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                Training in a deficit doesn't give you CTE. Sitting in a sauna doesn't give you CTE. Fasting for a week doesn't give you CTE.

Getting punched in the head does.

Jesus Christ, what an imbecile.
                Getting punched while improperly hydrated compounds effects/risk. That is obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post

Getting punched while improperly hydrated compounds effects/risk. That is obvious.
                  Exactly. Its the reason why same day weigh ins were made illegal. Being dehydrated causes your brain to shrink. Getting hit in the head in such a state allows your brain to rattle around in your skull. And this can make this dangerous sport even more dangerous when it comes to the effects of blunt trauma to the head.
                  Last edited by peplz; 11-24-2022, 01:46 PM.

Comment

yeah if you can afford it like he said it makes sense to have a nutritionist and a chef handle everything and then you dont have to think or plan what your eating they handle all that and all you got to do is follow it

Comment

Working...
                    X