Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dmitry Bivol: "Canelo Is More Powerful, Punch More Harder Than Ramirez"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dmitry Bivol: "Canelo Is More Powerful, Punch More Harder Than Ramirez"

The 2022 boxing calendar has been incredibly kind to Dmitry Bivol. While his overarching skills have always been lauded by boxing purists, the Russian native was mostly kept out of the public eye. But after racking up back-to-back notable wins against Gilberto Ramirez and pound-for-pound luminary Canelo Alvarez, Bivol's star power has skyrocketed.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I know Bivol is the one who fought both, and I was just a spectator so I can’t argue with Bivol about who punches harder. What I will argue is that Ramirez never even got to hit Bivol flush at all. He was too slow to land almost anything. Canelo was able to connect, even if blocked. Canelo also took way more risks in there vs Bivol. Ramirez seemingly took 0 risks.

I think Ramirez punches harder at 175 than Canelo, but you actually have to land the punches for them to hurt. Ramirez didn’t really do that.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I know Bivol is the one who fought both, and I was just a spectator so I can’t argue with Bivol about who punches harder. What I will argue is that Ramirez never even got to hit Bivol flush at all. He was too slow to land almost anything. Canelo was able to connect, even if blocked. Canelo also took way more risks in there vs Bivol. Ramirez seemingly took 0 risks.

I think Ramirez punches harder at 175 than Canelo, but you actually have to land the punches for them to hurt. Ramirez didn’t really do that.
      I remember when Roy Jones said that Canelo “probably hits as hard as LHW” in the Hatton fight. That was a thinner and less seasoned technique of Canelo way back then. Canelo is gym rat on the heavy bag. He has unique techniques just like Golovkin, and it takes natural power and loose arms to do those things. Technique is everything. As far as bag work, only PAC and Canelo have impressed me in recent years. You gotta hit that leather with mean intentions. Benavidez Jr. gets honorable mention
      Haka Haka likes this.

Comment

Bivol is really splashing that ether around lately, I really like this about him.

Comment

Bivol is great for boxing, a good guy, what bivols limited English prevent him from saying is that, ramirez is pathetic.

Comment

Ramirez is already having trouble with the loss. If he reads this he will get depressed.
            jackblack008 jackblack008 likes this.

Comment

Canelo, and of course Bivol, a much higher level than Ramirez.

Comment

Plenty of smaller guys that hit harder than bigger guys. The idea that you need roids or that a small guy can’t possibly hit harder than bigger men is an armchair warrior belief.
                Sho'nuff Sho'nuff likes this.

Comment

So, Cinnabon hits harder than slow motion Zurdo, that's not saying much. Neither one of them had enough to disturb Bivol in the least. Ginger hit him with a few flush uppercuts, and Dmitry was unfazed as he continued to hand Nelo the beats.
                  tkoboxingscene tkoboxingscene likes this.

Comment

Clown not KO’n anyone talking about tooking foots off the pedal

Comment

Working...
                    X