No announcement yet.

Pascal vs Branco: Fighters Ready, Diaconu To Be Ringside

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pascal vs Branco: Fighters Ready, Diaconu To Be Ringside

Montreal – Only a few days remain before the first defense of the prestigious WBC World Light Heavyweight by young gun Jean Pascal (23-1-0, 15 KO), who takes on mandatory Silvio Branco on Friday. “I did everything that needed to be done to keep the Green belt around my waist on Friday night. I cut no corners, and training camp was excellent. I will be very surprised if my opponent stays standing for the full 12 rounds” stated Jean, more confident than ever. His trainer, Marc Ramsay, did not disagree! “Jean has gained an enormous amount confidence and maturity since winning the World title. In my opinion, his preparation is actually superior to the one that beat Diaconu last June”. [details]

Pascal should win relatively easy but he does have a escruciating program this year.That might beat him indecember not Diaconu.

Comment

I like Pascal, but him finishing the year with Branco and Diaconu doesn't interest me too much.

I've never been a big fan of rematches, apart from in the minority of instances, and him facing Diaconu again seems a bit pointless. He won the first fight clearly and beating him again would prove nothing. He should try and get himself a fight with Cloud, or one of the other champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
        I like Pascal, but him finishing the year with Branco and Diaconu doesn't interest me too much.

I've never been a big fan of rematches, apart from in the minority of instances, and him facing Diaconu again seems a bit pointless. He won the first fight clearly and beating him again would prove nothing. He should try and get himself a fight with Cloud, or one of the other champions.
        I would rather see him fight Cloud or Dawson but i think there was a rematch clause for the first Diaconu fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros? View Post
          I would rather see him fight Cloud or Dawson but i think there was a rematch clause for the first Diaconu fight.
          Yeah.

Rematch clause.

Decmber 11th is the date it seems.

Comment

I'd love to see a rematch between Pascal and Diacanu, though I think Cloud vs Pascal would be an entertaining fight aswell. Hope he's not wearing himself thin with too many fights though, 5 fights in 12 months is quite active for a boxer in his class.

He's a much more exciting fighter than Dawson, so I hope he can stick around as a champion for a while.

Comment

prestigious WBC...
              Sounded so cheap

Comment

Working...
              X