Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Yarde: When I'm Challenged, It Brings Out The Best In Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Yarde: When I'm Challenged, It Brings Out The Best In Me

Anthony Yarde is not at all concerned with the threat waiting on the other side of his upcoming fight this weekend. A shot at lineal and unified WBC/IBF/WBO light heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev awaits Yarde as the WBO mandatory challenger. The fight was due to take place in late October, only for Beterbiev to have to delay the championship clash after not recovering in time from summertime surgery to honor the fight date.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Just get on with it mate

Comment

Yarde has a punchers chance if you factor in Beterbiev's age and injuries, but he just hasn't been built properly as a contender to be ready to win this fight; just as he wasn't ready for an old Kovalev a few years ago. Fighters/promoters can't play it safe with their choice of opposition and then expect to beat elite fighters.
      Last edited by Body the jab; 11-19-2022, 07:50 AM.

Comment

He had a challenge in the form of Kovalev and Lyndon Arthur (first fight) and each time he just stood there feinting and trying to look cute. With his Joshua-like physique he looks like he should blasting guys out of there in one round.

Comment

He’s had three challenging fights in his career. Kovalev lost, Arthur lost and Arthur rematch won. Aside from that he’s feasted on overmatched European imports. Yarde has had a completely fraudulent career IMO.

Dan Azeez has a better resume by simply competing at domestic level.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            He’s had three challenging fights in his career. Kovalev lost, Arthur lost and Arthur rematch won. Aside from that he’s feasted on overmatched European imports. Yarde has had a completely fraudulent career IMO.

Dan Azeez has a better resume by simply competing at domestic level.
            I know all the Yarde haters were claiming Arthur was going to school him in the rematch

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing 112 View Post

I know all the Yarde haters were claiming Arthur was going to school him in the rematch
              And all the Yarde fans expected Yarde to dominate the first fight. Going 1-1 with Lyndon Arthur is hardly impressive.

Yarde has managed to manoeuvre himself into two World title shots without really beating anyone. Credit where it’s due to the management but I don’t respect it. I’m a traditionalist in that sense.
              _Rexy_ _Rexy_ adotd adotd like this.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                Anthony Yarde is not at all concerned with the threat waiting on the other side of his upcoming fight this weekend. A shot at lineal and unified WBC/IBF/WBO light heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev awaits Yarde as the WBO mandatory challenger. The fight was due to take place in late October, only for Beterbiev to have to delay the championship clash after not recovering in time from summertime surgery to honor the fight date.
                [Click Here To Read More]

Yarde is another bum. Useless man and waste of skin. He can’t even jab. He will get knocked out.

Comment

I liked Yarde until I found out about his weird training habits. If he couldn't get past the crusher, I don't think he'll beat the beev.

Comment

Yarde vs Beterbiev is a complete mismatch. How Yarde has become wbo no.1 by beating no one is traditional wbo and warren corruption. Handing Yarde another unheralded title shot. Joe Smith would comfortably beat Yarde, and we all saw how smith got dismantled without Artur barely breaking a sweat.

Comment

Working...
                    X