Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Says He Has 'Bit of Sympathy' For Haymon in Spence-Crawford Negotiations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Says He Has 'Bit of Sympathy' For Haymon in Spence-Crawford Negotiations

It's not every day Eddie Hearn finds himself commiserating with a rival. The outspoken head of Matchroom Boxing recently admitted that he sympathized with Al Haymon, the founder of
    [Click Here To Read More]

Eddie, there's no point explaining the BUSINESS of boxing to people who don't care to try to understand it. It's too much logic for them.

In their minds (anti-Haymon though they be), Haymon should eat it because "the fans want it". That's all they understand. And they're the reason why fights don't get done.

HBO isn't here to eat it. We have to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post
      Eddie, there's no point explaining the BUSINESS of boxing to people who don't care to try to understand it. It's too much logic for them.

In their minds (anti-Haymon though they be), Haymon should eat it because "the fans want it". That's all they understand. And they're the reason why fights don't get done.

Fans are not the reason fights don't get done - they have no power. The main reason fights don't happen is because of promotional/broadcasting politics and unrealistic expectations of fighters fuelled by ego and the people in their ear.

Given Haymon doesn't give interviews or release statements, we don't even know the specific reasons this fight didn't happen. Hearn is speculating like everyone else. One thing is for sure, though, Spence - Crawford is not Mayweather - Pacquiao or even Fury - Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

Fans are not the reason fights don't get done - they have no power. The main reason fights don't happen is because of promotional/broadcasting politics and unrealistic expectations of fighters fuelled by ego and the people in their ear.

Given Haymon doesn't give interviews or release statements, we don't even know the specific reasons this fight didn't happen. Hearn is speculating like everyone else. One thing is for sure, though, Spence - Crawford is not Mayweather - Pacquiao or even Fury - Joshua.
        That's the facts that Crawford doesn't seem to understand! If he thought it was, he wouldn't be concerned with guarantees! Men lie, Women lie, Numbers never lie! Let's see what Crawford vs. Avanesyan numbers look like, although Crawford could care less because he's guaranteed 8 figures! I just hope Spence chooses Boots or Fundora next! Nobody wants to see Keith Thurman!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          That's the facts that Crawford doesn't seem to understand! If he thought it was, he wouldn't be concerned with guarantees! Men lie, Women lie, Numbers never lie! Let's see what Crawford vs. Avanesyan numbers look like, although Crawford could care less because he's guaranteed 8 figures! I just hope Spence chooses Boots or Fundora next! Nobody wants to see Keith Thurman!
          What Spence does next will be dependent on how motivated he is to stay at 147 and keep his three sanctioning body belts. It's looking like his mandatories will be Thurman (WBC), Stanionis (WBA) and Boots (IBF). In what order I don't know.

Comment

That is all well & good. And Crawford accepted a smaller share of the pot without any guarantee; he only wanted to be able to see the pot so he knew what his percentage translated to in U.S Dollars $$$
            pretty ste pretty ste likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

If I could like this several times I would. It appears young Edward is infinitely more astute than his geeked out little incel minions

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

What Spence does next will be dependent on how motivated he is to stay at 147 and keep his three sanctioning body belts. It's looking like his mandatories will be Thurman (WBC), Stanionis (WBA) and Boots (IBF). In what order I don't know.
                I think he should vacate WBC, and WBA, and fight Boots @ 147, for his last fight @ 147, or he should move up and fight Fundora @ 154!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  I think he should vacate WBC, and WBA, and fight Boots @ 147, for his last fight @ 147, or he should move up and fight Fundora @ 154!
                  If he moves up he should go ahead and fight Charlo. No sense in not I dont care if they are stablemates both have said for enough money they would do it and if I'm being honest that's a good fight on paper.

Comment

Fire sticks/nightmares/crawford. Enough said

Comment

Working...
                    X