Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matias-Ponce: TGB Promotions ($510,000) Wins Rights As Lone Bidder For Vacant IBF Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Matias-Ponce: TGB Promotions ($510,000) Wins Rights As Lone Bidder For Vacant IBF Title Fight

A promoter and a firm deadline are in place for an oft-delayed vacant title fight. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that TGB Promotions has secured the rights to the Subriel Matias-Jeremias Ponce vacant IBF junior welterweight title fight. TGB bid $510,000 as the lone participant during the IBF purse bid hearing on Tuesday at the sanctioning body's headquarters in Springfield, New Jersey. Each boxer will earn $255,000 per a 50/50 purse split as the top two contenders.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good fight, but for a meaningless belt.

Comment

This is an underrated matchup, could be a cracking fight I think.

Comment

Originally posted by wildman View Post
        Good fight, but for a meaningless belt.
        Forgive me for my ignorance but hiw is the Ibf belt meaningless?

Comment

This is going to be a scorcher of a fight, there's been too much said about the delay's, and the postponement's.
          That when they're finally facing each other in the ring, and the bell sounds all hell will be unleashed.
          If Matias holds true to his word, he's going to use the delay's, the postponements, and time away from his family.
          Which will serve as the driving fuel for him beat Ponce from pillar to post on or before February 13, 2023, and in all honesty it'll be about time.

Last edited by Boricua181; 11-15-2022, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Two guys in the uprise that want it, especially a shot of a title that previously wasn't available and the wait times were going to be excessive. That division just opened up with all the titles that got vacated.

Comment

"To Taylor’s credit, he was always on board with facing Catterall for a second time before defending his title against anyone else in the division."

Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

Forgive me for my ignorance but hiw is the Ibf belt meaningless?
                I get what you're saying but to be honest, they're all meaningless. Just one of many trinkets in boxing. With Boxing having such a rich and long history, its not 100% meaningless to the fighters for the historical context but these fighters don't move like historical fighters in my opinion. I'd be just as excited about any good match up even if the belts aren't on the line.

I'd be with you if, the fighters earned their keep by fighting all comers to stay on top, there wasn't waaaaaay too many belts per weight, too many organizations, if each organization followed and ranked fighters properly instead of showing regional favoritism for local trash/average fighters.

Until powerful promoters don't have influence on who or when a "champion" fights his mandatory, they're basically meaningless in my view. I respect your opinion if you feel differently but it's sooooo watered down its ridiculous
                Last edited by Sosay; 11-15-2022, 08:30 PM.
                BoxingIsGreat BoxingIsGreat likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post

I get what you're saying but to be honest, they're all meaningless. Just one of many trinkets in boxing. With Boxing having such a rich and long history, its not 100% meaningless to the fighters for the historical context but these fighters don't move like historical fighters in my opinion. I'd be just as excited about any good match up even if the belts aren't on the line.

I'd be with you if, the fighters earned their keep by fighting all comers to stay on top, there wasn't waaaaaay too many belts per weight, too many organizations, if each organization followed and ranked fighters properly instead of showing regional favoritism for local trash/average fighters.

Until powerful promoters don't have influence on who or when a "champion" fights his mandatory, they're basically meaningless in my view. I respect your opinion if you feel differently but it's sooooo watered down its ridiculous
                  Nah I feel you bro! I'm hip!

Comment

I've been wanting to see this fight for a while. Hope it finally happens. Need a good barnburner like this get me hyped on boxing again. Kinda burnt out on all the BS at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                    X