Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fernando Vargas Jr. To Open Zepeda vs. Prograis PPV Broadcast

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fernando Vargas Jr. To Open Zepeda vs. Prograis PPV Broadcast

Junior middleweight prospect and 'Son of a Legend' Fernando 'El Feroz' Vargas Jr., (6-0, 6 KOs), of Las Vegas, NV will open the 'Battle of the Best' Pay-Per-View against Alejandro 'Thunder' Martinez, (3-2-1, 2 KOs), of Montebello, CA set for Saturday, November 26 from 'The War Grounds', Dignity Health Sports Park, just outside of Los Angeles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Even though victories against Kody Kobowski (2-0) and Terrance Jarmon (3-0) aren't that impressive it is a step on the right direction for someone who just debuted in 2021, BUT fighting Alejandro Martinez is not considering his record is (3-2-1) and stands at 5'5.
    Last edited by Feroz; 11-14-2022, 04:41 PM.

Comment

“Legend” is the cheapest word in sports.
      juanpablo juanpablo likes this.

Comment

I dont know about son of a legend. Vargas peaked too early and he was never the same after fight with Trinidad. He was also caught cheating and got KOd in the DLH fight

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo View Post
          I dont know about son of a legend. Vargas peaked too early and he was never the same after fight with Trinidad. He was also caught cheating and got KOd in the DLH fight
          Not sure that he is a legend either, but he does have accolades, it is not like he lost to random nobodies either, it was to Trinidad, De La Hoya, Mosley X2 and Mayorga. Vargas became the youngest boxer in history to win a light middleweight world title at a competitive era at age 21 and had good wins over Yori Boy Campas (72-2), Raul Marquez (30-1), Wrinky Wright (39-2), Ike Quartey (34-1-1), and Wilfredo Rivera (32-4-1) in his short career.

As for steroids against De La Hoya, that is inexcusable, but at least he was already a proven fighter by the time they fought. Mosley also took steroids in the second match against De La Hoya yet to most people that doesn't take away what he achieved prior to their bout.
          Last edited by Feroz; 11-14-2022, 07:53 PM.
          El_Feroz99 El_Feroz99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by El Escorpion View Post

Not sure that he is a legend either, but he does have accolades, it is not like he lost to random nobodies either, it was to Trinidad, De La Hoya, Mosley X2 and Mayorga. Vargas became the youngest boxer in history to win a light middleweight world title at a competitive era at age 21 and had good wins over Yori Boy Campas (72-2), Raul Marquez (30-1), Wrinky Wright (39-2), Ike Quartey (34-1-1), and Wilfredo Rivera (32-4-1) in his short career.

As for steroids against De La Hoya, that is inexcusable, but at least was already a proven fighter by the time they fought. Mosley also took steroids in the second bout against De La Hoya yet to most people that doesn't take away what he achieved prior to their bout.
            Vargas was my favorite fighter for years, this is spot on IMHO.

Legend...I dont know about that. I suppose in his local area and among certain people(like family) it's not completely outrageous.

That all being said, imagine if the ryan or tank had half the pair vargas/his promoter had in his early career? Add a lot to that list lol
            El Escorpion Feroz likes this.

Comment

Working...
            X