Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Morrell Considers David Benavidez-Caleb Plant '50-50; It's A Hard Fight'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Morrell Considers David Benavidez-Caleb Plant '50-50; It's A Hard Fight'

David Morrell Jr. doesn't have an obvious opponent for his next bout now that David Benavidez and Caleb Plant have announced that they'll finally fight at some point early in 2023.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't think Plant feels he's KO artist after Dirrell. I think he'll try to out box Benavidez, but I can't see him keeping Benavidez off of him for 12 rounds! I say 60-40 Benavidez!
    Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

Well, it’s a good fight. I think most of us will agree.

Comment

I like Morrell's talent and respect Ronnie as both fighter/trainer but their all wrong on this one for sure. I have always supported Plant as well but let me say this there's a reason Canelo keeps making excuses about Benavidez and that's because game recognize game. Benavidez is a nightmare for anyone in any era to fight. He will walk Caleb down until he can't defend no more and I would even bet inside of 10 rds he stops Caleb and it won't be that Caleb did anything wrong except sign the contract.
        Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Its fifty-fifty fight indeed , if plant manages to control pressure from Bena using distance control and solid jab combined with countershots he has very good shot beating him ,if not, he will get stopped later rounds like canelo did to him, good news for caleb is that DB is pretty punchable he forgets of his D to be able to land hard shots of his own. Intriguing stuff.

Comment

Plant is a useless bum. Every true decent fighter should beat him.

Comment

Benavidez will walk through Soft Hands Plant's offense, and bludgeon him with power combinations until the ref stops it. It might go 6 or maybe 7, but Plant won't be asking David if he's doing good during or after.

Comment

David has to much power and speed he can bring it in round one Plant is to much of a slow starter and his chin and defense is questionable

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
                  I like Morrell's talent and respect Ronnie as both fighter/trainer but their all wrong on this one for sure. I have always supported Plant as well but let me say this there's a reason Canelo keeps making excuses about Benavidez and that's because game recognize game. Benavidez is a nightmare for anyone in any era to fight. He will walk Caleb down until he can't defend no more and I would even bet inside of 10 rds he stops Caleb and it won't be that Caleb did anything wrong except sign the contract.
                  It will be competitive then I think Benavidez due to his physicality, size, chin, power will take over.

But don't underestimate Plant, he's better than Benavidez at" hitting without getting hit" Plant made a sharp shooter like Canelo miss a lot, but Benavidez is much more hittable than Nelo.

Overall, too early for Plant, the Nelo fight exposed holes in his game that you don't fix in 1 fight.

A fight against a guy like Ryder then Benavidez in 2023 would have been better.
                  Plant got koed 2 fights ago...

Comment

Working...
                  X